Chapter eleven: AJ

"you're so pathetic" Danny giggled with a smirk.
" The hell are you on about?"
"You know what I'm on about. You got the hots for the new girl."
"Who Maddi?"
"Don't play dumb."
"Oh shut up, you got it worse for Leanna"
There was a pause. He knew I was right.
"Okay fine man, you got me. I'm going to bed tho. Night man."
"Night."
I stayed up all night alone in my thoughts. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep, so why should I even try. I sat out in the deck just staring off into the water.
"What are you doing up?" I heard a voice call, I look over my shoulder.
"Hey Lianna."
"Hi!" She said all chirpy.
"So the other girl woke up,"
"Where is she now?"
"Umm she wanted to lay down for a little she got hurt real bad."
I felt so bad about the whole thing. Not just cuz Maddi was involved. But becuase of how it must've affected them.
"I hope she's okay." Lianna continued."
I remained silent unable to escape my head.
"You okay?"
"Yeah I'm good just tired I'm fixing to head to bed."
I got up to walk into the boys cabin. I really sucked at talking about my emotions.

"WHAT THE HELL?!"
my mom never seemed to let my dad speak a word.
"Look hun, I was just trying to-"
"SAVE IT."
"Mary I just think that-"
"I don't want to hear excuses, okay?! I'm not having you manipulate me."
I peeked through the door, our hallway was very short and if I leaned at an angle I could see right into the kitchen. My mom always accused my dad of manipulating her whenever he tried to talk about how he felt. At the time I didn't know what manipulation was, but it installed in my ten year old brain. I just felt if I ever tried to talk about my feelings, I'd get blamed."

I laid down and tried to sleep. I couldn't. I waited til sunrise and headed into the kitchen. The leaf I could do was make food for everyone. Still feeling bad about the accident.

"Good morning! Feeling any better?" Lianna came in with another girl who seemed to be around 5 foot, brunette, with big brown doe eyes. With a slight bruise under her left one.
"Yeah, I uh...made breakfast!"
On the table laid several plates of eggs bacon and toast.
"That's so kind of you AJ." Lianna said with a side eye. "Sam, this is AJ, AJ this is Sam,"
"Nice to meet you." She said sweetly. I didn't notice until she spoke but it seemed she busted her lip. I handed her and Lianna a plate then-
"GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!" Danny swooped in resting his arm on my shoulder, and in came in John.
"Where's Tally?" He asked without hesitation.
All of a sudden the door swang open and in came Tally pulling Maddi by her side.
"Ughhhh it's too early for this!!" Maddi grunted.
"Not a morning person I'm guessing?" Lianna asked.
"Absolutely not! I don't even know how Tally got her up. Usually takes me a ice cold bucket of water to get her up." Sam interrupted with a chuckle.
"Haha must suck. I bet AJ can wake you up faster tsk tsk" Danny said while winking. I elbowed him in the side. "Ow!" I couldn't help but laugh at his immaturity.
Everyone grabbed a plate and next thing you know,
Boom scrape boom
"What was that?" Asked Danny
"Your lack of intelligence making a scene" I chuckled.
Everyone rushed out and we noticed that we've already arrived at the island.
"Woah!" Tally and John exclaimed at the same time. On the boat we could see everything. Fresh water waterfalls, trees, beach, vines, you name it. It was beautiful. I look over at Maddi. I can't tell which is better.