Chapter 1

Sam's POV

Finally getting home from a long day of work I feel exhausted. I work at a cafe from 6 am to 4 pm then I go to my second job as a waitress from 5pm to 10pm. Luckily I have an hour in between to eat and take a nap.

I get the mail knowing my mom wouldn't have even bothered to get up and get it. Looking though I see a letter from the state addressed to me. The letter states I must get classified tomorrow or they will be forced to send someone to get me.

Basically everyone who turns 18 has to get classified within 30 days of their birthday if you fail to go the state will send out people to take you. I've been pushing it off for a while mostly because I haven't had the time. I work 6 days a week just to pay the bills.

I would have help if my mom worked but she hasn't been able to keep a job with her drinking so it's just me. I don't have friends or anyone I can count on.

Werewolf's usually have packs but I never was allowed to be in one. My father was a werewolf who got my human mother pregnant with me which makes me a half breed. Half breeds tend to be a lot smaller than average and are weaker than regular werewolf's and aren't nearly as respected. When my father left my mother hated every part that reminds her of him so she forbid that I be in a pack or have any friends.

Walking threw the door the smell of cigarettes slaps me in the face. I see my mother passed out on the couch with a still lit cigarette between her fingers and an empty bottle of vodka on the floor. I quickly put the cigarette out and take a look at my mom. She looks rough with her hair all matted, eyes sunken in and she looks like she hasn't eaten in days. I grab a blanket to put on her and tell her goodnight. She may be an awful and abusive mother but she's all I got.

I go to the bathroom to take a cold shower because we can't afford to have hot water. Stripping of my work uniform I look at how skinny I look in the mirror. I hardly ever have the time or money to eat but when I do they aren't the healthiest options. Getting out the shower I put on an old t-shirt and some boxers to sleep in.

Once in bed I get on my phone to text my bosses that I can't make it tomorrow because i have to get classified. Under law employers have to give employees time off to get classified so it wasn't a big issue for me. Afterwards I decide to watch a little tv on my phone for the night. I pull up SpongeBob because that show always makes me feel better and just forget about life. Within a matter of minutes I'm asleep with how sleep deprived I am.

Waking up to my alarm blaring I tiredly go to turn it off. I quickly get dressed very worn down t-shirt and grab my only pair of jeans of the floor. I put on my converse that are falling apart and go to brush my teeth. Heading out the door I go to walk to the bus stop. It's about a 30 minute bus ride to the classification building so it's not too bad.

Getting on the bus I go ahead and sit in the only seat available next to a mother and her child. The kid looks like he's about 5 and has a dinosaur t shirt on while the mother looks exhausted but when the kid starts to babble she listens intently giving him a small smile. I wish my mom could have been like that but she never really cared enough.

"What's your name" I hear the kid ask me.

"I'm Sam. What about you?" I ask

"My names Anthony. I really like dinosaurs. Do you like dinosaurs?" Anthony asks me excitedly.

"I love dinosaures. My favorite is a brachiosaurus. They love to eat plants and are massive." I tell the kid matching his excitement. I was obsessed with dinosaurs when I was a kid but now I'm an adult and don't have time for things like that anymore.

We talk the whole bus ride until it was finally time for me to get off. I wave a goodbye to my new friend as I get up to leave. Getting off I see the white building in the distance.

Heading towards it I wonder what I will be classified as. I don't think I'm a dom or a master, I'm probably a sub if I'm honest or maybe even a caregiver.

As I enter the doors I go towards the front desk to see a nice older lady on the computer.

"Hello, what can I do for y'a." She asks

"Ohh um Im here to get classified." My voice just above a whisper. My nerves are starting to get to me. I mean how do they even test you? Will I have to get injected with a needle or is it a written test? I don't know and it's starting to freak me out.

"Hello, love can you hear me." I hear in the middle of my breakdown. Shit she was talking to me.

"Ohh sorry what did you say?" I ask embarrassed.

"What's your name, love?" she asks me in a friendly tone. "It's um Samantha Huxley ma'am" I blurt out.

"Alright I'm gonna have you fill out this form for me real quick. You can sit over there if you'd like." She points to a room with a bunch of chairs and people sitting probably waiting to get classified. I go to sit in an empty chair as I fill out the form. It's ask you to fill out basic stuff like your birthday and your address. I quickly fill it out with my awful handwriting and go to hand it back to the lady. She tells me to wait until my names is called.

After waiting for about 20 minutes I hear my name called by a man in scrubs. He has red eyes so instantly i know he's a vampire. All vampires have either glowing red or yellow eyes. I Stand up to follow him as he leads me to the elevator. He presses the button for the 6th floor as we silently wait for it to open up. When it opens he leads me to a room that looks a like a doctors office. He tells me to sit in the chair and the doctor will be in shortly.

I space out until I hear the door open.

"Hello you must be Samantha. It's nice to meet you." The doctor says as he goes to sit in his chair. He rolls it over to me and offers a hand to shake. "I am doctor Green and I will be doing your classification test." He says as he gets all of his medical instruments out using magic. I see them all float over to him and a look of astonishment cosses my face.

"How do you do the test?" I ask after I snap out of my trance.

"Well, I give you a shot that will make you really tired and then I put on this headband that reads your brain. It will tell us your classification and then we'll be all done. Nice and easy." He tells me like he's said it a hundred times.

I look at him nervously. I really hate needles it's definitely my biggest fear. I really just want to go home right now not be in a scary place with people trying to poke and prod me.

He looks at me and instantly his face changes. He looks at me with pity knowing I don't have a choice.

"Hey, I'll be super quick you won't even know and you'll get a lollipop after." He tells me like I'm a fucking kid.

"Thanks, but I'm fine. Let's just get this over with." I say annoyed. He starts to prep my arm and I see he puts a little cream on.

"It's my own numbing recipe. I have a little one at home that also hates to get his shots." He says that last part so quite i barely heard him. I see him stick the needle in and soon enough my eyelids start to feel really heavy. He was right though I didn't even feel it. The doctor guilds me down on the table and soon enough I passed out.

Waking up I feel the doctor remove the headband from me. I feel very disoriented as I try to get up. Gently the doctor makes me sit down and tells me stay there for a few minutes. Once I start to feel better I ask the doctor.

"So what's my classification?" He looks at me with a small smile. "Your a little."

WHAT