Chapter 10

Unedited

"Nuuuuuuu I want mommyyyy" Sam cried out trying to get to Amelia who was halfway out the door. Jason had managed to grab the girl before she could get to far but Amelia was to stunned to move making Sam do grabby hands at her.

"She'll be fine Amelia but it's going to be difficult for her to get adjusted if your still here" Jason has said as lightly as he could. He saw the mental battle going on in Amelia's head but his biggest issue right now was the screaming little he's holding back. Amelia gulped before rushing out the door and wiped a stray tear on her cheek.

She physically could not move from behind the closed door. Her heart was in to much pain hearing the girls cries from the other side as Jason tried to calm her down.

Amelia knew she shouldn't feel like this and that she was only a temporary caregiver. But when Sam called her mommy everything felt right. Like Sam was meant to be hers.

After a minute Amelia no longer hears the cries of the little so she crept over to a window. As she peaked in through the glass she saw her teary eyed little girl with a handful of gummy bears. A small smile grazed her face as she chuckled slightly.

Once class began Amelia finally peeled herself away from the window to call Rory knowing the woman would comfort her.

"Hey love" Rory says though the phone

"H-hey" Amelia's voice cracks unwillingly

"What's wrong hun"

"Nothing" Amelia say unconvincingly

"Amelia I know when something's wrong"

"She called me mommy again" a broken sobs comes out "I thought I could ignore it and just distance myself but I physically can't" at this point Amelia knows just how important Sam is to her as she is to Sam "she's my baby" she sniffles out.

"I know love" Rory says in a comforting tone "I've already started building her room. You wouldn't believe the amount of dinosaurs this house has now" Rory chuckles "I knew the moment I met her that she was ours. I'm ready if your ready" Amelia broke down crying but instead of despair they were pure tears of happiness.

"Thank you" Amelia speaks after a couple of minutes "I'll talk to Calum right away"

"I love you"

"I love you more" Amelia hangs up quickly ready to race down to Calums office.

Breathing heavy she knocks on the door hastily and enters after hearing a 'come in'. Calum who is currently eating his lunch with his feet up on his desk asks "what can I help you with"

"I want to adopt Sam" Amelia speaks with no hesitation.

"Wow okay" calum says kinda shocked by the suddenness.

"Also I quit" Amelia adds on with a smile. Calum groans knowing he's not only losing his best worker but his best friend.

"I've saw the look in your eyes when she called you mommy. I knew it was just a matter of time" Calum pulls out the paperwork that was already partially filled in by Calum.

Amelia wipes a tear before getting started on the paperwork. It's lengthy but she knows it's important. Calum begins to go over all the information needed. First Sam needs to get checked out by the doctor, then she needs to have a one on one conversation with a therapist after that their house has to be okayed by someone before they can bring her home.

Amelia leaves Calums office but not before giving him a hug. She heads over to the school to pick up her little girl. She wonders if she should tell the girl right away or wait until everything gets approved before hand.