Chapter 6

After an hour of cuddling together Amelia felt something warm and wet spreading across her left thigh. It also happened to be where Sam was currently laying. Amelia promptly stands up to change Sam's pull-up but when she checks she sees that sam doesn't have one on.

"That sneaky girl." Amelia whispers to herself. She knows that sam is going to need a bath now and can't help but dread the thought. Picking up a still asleep Sam Amelia starts to bounce her while trying to wake her up.

Sam groggily starts to wake up but when she goes to stretch she freezes. She can feel her cold wet pants clinging to her skin. With wide eyes she looks at Amelia who face does not look happy.

Without saying a word Amelia leaves the room with a still frozen Sam in her arms to go to the bathroom. She opens the door and heads towards a room that has a bathtub and tons of bath toys in it. She places Sam down on her feet and starts the water adding bubbles to hopefully make this go smoother. Sam keeps her head down, to embarrassed to object to anything. The clothes on her body are just a constant reminder of what happened. She hasn't peed herself since she was a child and doesn't know why this happened.

Amelia approach's the girl lifting her shirt over her head then unbuttoning her shorts. "What happened to you pull-up Sammy?" Amelia can see Sam visibly tense at the question.

"I took it off." Sam says struggling to hold back tears.

"Oh hunny, there's a reason they're there. So this doesn't happen again. Promise me you won't take off your pull-ups ever again." Amelia says to the little as she holds out her pinky. Sam connects her pinky to Amelias sealing the promise.

Amelia picks up Sam and places her in the warm water. Sam shivers at the change in temperature at first but soon starts to relax at the feeling. Amelia grabs a couple of bath toys putting them in the water to distract the nervous little girl. Sam hasn't moved still feeling very embarrassed about everything.

"Sorry." Sam says so quiet Amelia barely heard it. Sam feels like she's just a disappointment to Amelia, with starting fights and now wetting herself, she feels ashamed.

"It's ok honey. I'll always be here for you." Amelia blurts out to the girl. She didn't mean to say that knowing that one day Amelia won't be with Sam but in her heart she'll always be there for her. She'll never forget Sam and wishes she didn't have to leave her one day.

Using a cup and a washcloth Amelia starts to clean Sam who starts playing with a rubber duck. She feels a lot more comfortable with Amelia than when she first met her. Amelia has taken more care of Sam than her own mother ever did. Amelia smiles at the sight of Sam finally showing some vulnerability as she pushes the duck around in the water. Sam feels fuzzy and is starting to give into her desires and stop worrying so much.

Sam who has been putting the ducky under water and watching it fly up has been laughing endlessly doing it over and over. "Look look" Sam say to Amelia every time the duck shoots out the water. Amelia laughs with the girl every time she does not because she thinks it's funny but because the pure happiness radiating off the girl makes Amelia feel whole.

Finally done with the girls bath Amelia grabs a dinosaur towel and wraps the little up. She puts the hood up and when Sam looks in the mirror a look of amazement crosses her face. Sam can't help but rawr the whole way out the bathroom. When Amelia places her on the sink she comes out her short hair and blow dries it, then grabs a bottle of moisturizer and lathers Sam up in the cream. Finally with a clean little girl Amelia kisses Sam's smiling cheeks.

Bringing a giggling Sam into her room Amelia sets her down to grab some clothes for her. Skimming through her options Amelia sees a green dinosaur t-shirt that she knows Sam will love. Grabbing a pull-up and a pair of jeans she comes up to the girl to put her clothes on. When Sam sees the shirt she screams only for Amelia to cover her mouth.

"Inside voices Sammy." Amelia tells Sam trying to sound stern but the smile breaks through on her face. "C'mon let's go get some food in that belly of yours." Amelia starts to tickle Sam mercilessly until she's wheezing.

Going to grab her hand to walk her down the hall but Sam reaches up with grabby hands. Amelia gets the message and picks up the little girl taking her to the cafeteria. Sitting down with Sam on her lap the cafeteria worker bring over a huge helping of chicken nuggets with strawberries and carrots on the side. Dr.Raven probably sent an order that Sam be given extra helpings to help her gain weight.

Immediately digging into her chicken nuggets Sam manages to get ketchup all over her face. After eating everything but the carrots Sam says "I'm done"

"Little miss, you still have carrots on your plate." That only got a groan from Sam as she slouched into Amelia's hold.

"I don't like it." Sam pouted

"How about this, if you eat 3 carrots and you still don't like it, I won't make you eat it. Deal?" Sam picked up a carrot and took the smallest bite possible. Once she realized they weren't that bad she quickly ate them all cleaning her plate.

Amelia decided to go back to the playroom from earlier knowing that there would be no littles inside. All the littles were currently in class with their teachers and she knew Sam was not ready for that yet. Amelia was hoping to get more of her little side to come out and thought it would be best without others around.

Opening the door Amelia places Sam on her feet as the little hesitantly looks around. Sam is still clinging to Amelia not quite having the confidence to be on her own. Once she realizes that no one is around she takes small step looking around the room. Deciding it's safe enough the little girl starts exploring the room. Amelia takes a seat while watching the girl run around the room with a smile on her face.

For the last two hours Sam has been running around like a chicken with their head cut off. She's been everywhere in the room and has played with everything. The girls laughter is slowly starting to come to an end as her body starts getting more and more tired. Amelia sees the girl energy depleting and goes over to pick her up.

"Nuuuuuu I wan stay" the girl says desperately trying to get out of Amelia's hold. Amelia can't believe it. Sam has fully slipped into little space and Amelia really wants to avoid a huge tantrum so she says.

"30 more minutes, but that it, ok" Sam rapidly nods her head as she runs back to the indoor jungle gym. It's full of padding and in the middle there's a ball pit.

Amelia suddenly hears the sound of a door opening. Looking back she sees three littles entering the room and immediately panic sets in. Deciding to stay back and jump in when necessary she sees a little boy go up to Sam.

"Do you want to play?" The boy ask Sam. She contemplates for a second before hesitantly nodding her head. They decide on playing tag and eventually the other two little join in. Sam who has been running around laughing with the others is finally starting to get tired. Amelia notices and goes to pick up the exhausted little.

"Did you make some friends Sammy?" She asks the girl that has her face hidden in Amelia's neck. Amelia feels Sam nod as the other
littles come up to them.

"Bye Sam" Danny who was the little that asked Sam to play earlier says. The other two join in saying the goodbyes as Amelia and Sam leave the room. Sam gives a small wave to the others before returning to the safety of Amelia's neck.

"Let's go get you some water." Amelia carries Sam over to the cafeteria and asks one of the workers for a sippy cup. Sam contently lays in Amelia arms as she waits for her water. Amelia grabs the sippy cup from the worker and hands it to Sam. Sam hesitantly takes the Spider-Man sippy cup slightly embarrassed about the cup typically used for babies. Rally starting to feel her dehydration she decided to take a sip quenching her thirst. She puts her head back into Amelia's neck sipping away at her drink that she has clutched in her hand.

The two continue on for the day. Amelia has a since of accomplishment at finally getting Sam to slip and play with others. Now that Sam is somewhat comfortable Amelia thinks she might be ready to go to class and play on the big playground. Unfortunately she's still a flight risk so they'll keep her in the west wing but she can mix in with the other littles at the school. Amelia has high hopes that Sam will do well and everything will work out perfectly.

Thank you all for reading!!!