Chapter 4

3rd person POV

Amelia woke up to the sound of her alarm going off at 5am. She tiredly went to turn it off and got out of bed to start her morning routine. After Amelia finished getting ready she headed to the teachers lounge to get her breakfast and coffee before having to wake up Sam.

She imagines that the little girl will be just as cranky as she was the day before and knew she needed as much of a head start she could get.

On her way there she was spotted her old friend and the director/principal of the academy Mr.Calum Wallace. Calum was a vampire and started the school about 150 years ago. He is a caregiver but doesn't have any littles thinking it wouldn't be fair the them considering how much he works. But he considers all the children in his academy to be his own and tries to give them a safe place.

"Your up early." Calum says slightly chuckling.

"The newest arrival, Sam is a bit difficult so I thought I get a head start." Amelia says tiredly as she rubs her eyes.

"Angie told me all about her. Sounds like you have a fun day ahead of you." Calum said trying not to bust out laughing thinking about the story Angie told him last night.

"Hopefully today goes smoother than yesterday. She try's to act all big and tuff but I can see the little desperately trying to get out. You should have seen where she was living, the poor thing probably never got a chance to have a childhood." Amelia says sadly.

"I guess now we get to give her the childhood she never had. And I know there's no one better to take on her case than you. You're like the little whisperer." Calum tells Amelia as she chuckles at the new nickname she got.

Amelia and Calum eat breakfast together with Amelia choosing bacon and eggs and Calum settling for a blood smoothie they chat about there lives and plans for the day before bidding a goodbye to each other.

Once breakfast was over Amelia headed towards the young girls room. Opening the door Amelia saw the cutest site of a little Sam with half her body on the bed while the other half was dangling off the side. Amelia noticed the girl sucking her thumb and knew she needed to get some pacifiers and possibly some bed bars to go around the bed.

Walking over to the sleeping little, Amelia gently picks her up to check her pull-up on the changing table. Amelia knew it would be so much easier if the girl wasn't fully conscious but just as a precaution she strapped Sam onto the changing table. Checking the pull-up Amelia sees it's wet so she promptly disposes the old one and grabs a new one in the drawer. She decides against mentioning it the girl to keep her from feeling embarrassed so early in the morning.

"H-hey what you doing." Sam says with sleep lacing her voice from just waking up from her slumber. Feeling confused and disoriented she tries moving only to realize she can't. Sam begins to panicking until she hear a familiar voice.

"Morning little one, how did you sleep?" Amelia asks the girl strapped to the table.

"What the fuck, let me out!!" Sam all but screams. Amelia who is finished with changing the girls pull-up proceeds to undo the straps letting Sam sit up. But before Sam could get off the table Amelia stoped her by getting directly in front of Sam. She knew she had to go over the rules before anything else. She was lenient yesterday because the girl was going through a lot but today she has to set boundaries.

"Sam, you need to listen to me. The cussing, hitting, screaming, and running has to stop. You are a little and nothing will change that and until you get adopted this is your new home and I will be your caregiver. I don't want to have to punish you but I will if I have to." Amelia tells Sam with a strict tone showing she means business. Sam lowly nods her head in response as tears threaten to fall. Amelia sighs knowing Sam needed to hear what she said but her heart breaks for the scared broken little girl in front of her.