Chapter 5

The playroom currently only had 7 littles inside all running and playing with each other. The room itself is very inviting to make littles feel comfortable, with playful colors on all the walls and equipment, tons of interesting toys in every direction, but most of all the sheer size of it giving everyone personal space to get adjusted.

But no matter how inviting the room was Sam was not happy. She didn't want to play, or talk, or even move. The stress of earlier and the pain in her arm has tired her out so when Amelia attempts to set Sam down she clings to her making it difficult for Amelia.

"Sammy, don't you want to play a little?" The little girl only shakes her head as her grip gets tighter. Amelia only sighs as she goes to sit in a chair with clingy Sam on her lap. Sam goes to lay her head on Amelia's shoulder and gets goosebumps when she feels Amelia's hand scratch her back. Sam let's out a satisfied groan urging Amelia to continue.

The two stay like that for about 10 minutes before all the chaos in the room takes Sam attention away from the scratching. Looking over Sam sees a couple of littles all playing tag in the big jungle gym. A part of her wishes she could be so carefree and play like the others while the other is to embarrassed and anxious to even consider it. Instead of accepting how she feels Sam shoves the little in her brain away and decides to go back to her original spot but Amelia has other plans. Watching Sam she notices the look in her eye watching the littles play but knows the girl is to scared to do anything.

An idea pops into Amelia head, so she stands up placing a now whining Sam on the ground. Amelia leads her over to a corner that has buckets full of legos and building blocks. Sam's eyes light up instantly, she always loved building things ever since she was a kid, but instead of doing anything she just stares at all the blocks. After a few seconds Sam hesitantly takes a few steps. Before long she's digging around the buckets in search of the perfect block.

"Success" Amelia whispers to herself doing a small fist pump in the air behind Sam's back. She watches as Sam starts to build what looks like a house for Benny. Luckily none of the other littles were over there leaving Sam to have fun without fear of having to interact with anyone.

"I'm gonna be right over there, ok Sammy?" Amelia says to the little as she points back in the direction of the chair. Sam who's to lost in her own world doesn't respond as she sticks legos together.

Amelia walks over to the other caregivers to chat while looking in Sam's direction every minute or so.

Sam had finally finished a house made just for Benny. It had a fireplace and even a swinging door so he could go in it. When she turned around to grab Benny and show him the house he was in the hands of a boy in green overalls.

"Give him back." Sam said as she started to panic. Benny was hers and hers alone. She reached out to grab her beloved friend when the boy hid Benny behind his back.

"No he's mine!" The boy said childishly.

While Amelia was talking with another caregiver she hears a lot of commotion going on behind her. Looking back she sees Sam on top of a little boy as she desperately tries to take the familier dinosaur from the boys hands. She and the other caregiver rush over to break up the fight. Amelia yanks Sam off the little boy who has a bruise right under his eye.

"Give him back you little shit!!!" Sam screams while Amelia holds the little girl back who's desperately trying to get Benny.

"Samantha that's enough!" Amelia says in the strictest tone she has. This causes Sam to stop moving as she looks at Amelia with wide eyes.

"She hit me, she hit me" the boy cries while holding his eye in one hand and the dinosaur in the other.

"What happened?" The other caregiver asks as she checks on the crying boy.