Chapter 11

"So let's get going, love" surprisingly Sam goes to grab Benny with minimal fuss. Now holding her two stuffys she walks back to the woman who has her arms crossed.

"Only one" Amelia repeats

"B-b-but Benny and Barry want to meet D-Dr Raven " Sam sputters out with wide begging eyes.

Amelia let's out a sigh with a small smile on her face "fine. But I expect good behavior from you little miss" if only Sam knew how much she had Amelia wrapped around her finger.

"Yes momm- ma'am. Yes ma'am" Sam shyly looks away with a blush on her cheeks. She only now realizes all the past mistakes she's made out of fear and anxiety, she should have never called Amelia mommy. Amelia job is to take care of Sam, not to be her mommy. Deeply embarrassed she keeps her head down in shame on the edge of tears.

"What's wrong, Sammy" Amelia bends down raising a hand to tilt the girls chin up, She can see the tears building up in the littles eyes.

"I'm sorry" Sam whimpers out. A single tear falling from her cheek.

"There's nothing to be sorry about, baby" Amelia wipes away any stray tears "you can call me whatever you want" the girl looks in the woman's eyes feeling nothing but love from them.

"Do you think anyone will want me?" More tears more out of Sam's eyes. She's worried nobody will ever love her. That she's a bad little and doesn't deserve anything. At least that's what her mom drilled into her head when she was growing up.

"Sammy, you are one of the best people I've ever met and I love you beyond belief. It's one of the reasons we've..." Sam's attention hangs on to Amelia's every word. The woman's heart swells at the big innocent eyes staring back at her, patiently waiting for her to finish. "Why we've— Rory and I, have decided to, a-adopt you. If you want of course."

The girl doesn't say anything but quickly loops her small arms around the woman's neck tightly. Amelia can feel her own tears breaking through as she reciprocates the hug and kisses Sam's temple and cheek over and over.

"I love you Sammy" Amelia whispers

"I love you too Mommy" Sam says with her head between Amelia's neck and shoulder. Benny and Barry stay smooshed between the two almost making a big group hug. "When can we go to your house, or do I have to stay here forever?" The girl asks pulling away slightly so she can look at the woman.

Amelia chuckles at the girl's question finding it adorable. "Well, we have to do a couple of things first, one of them being the doctors visit. Then we have to get our house examined which Rory is taking care of and finally a therapist has to examine you."

"Then we can leave?" The girl sniffles

"Yes baby, then we can leave" Amelia reassures "but the sooner we get this doctor's appointment done, the sooner we can go home." Amelia couldn't help the huge smile on her face.

"We go now" Sam grabs Amelia's hand dragging her to the door the best she can.

Before opening the door Amelia picks up the girl knowing she would have ran down the halls. You may ask how Amelia knows that, well it not only has happened once but many times In the past. It's one of the only reasons Sam was never moved from the west wing. And she isn't necessarily trying to run away she just gets so excited that she doesn't think before she runs. Another thing Amelia learned is that Sam gets distracted very easily and has gotten lost multiple times, the woman even thought of buying a child leash at some point.

Sam bounces in Amelia's arms while keeping a firm grip on her two friends. The two walk towards the familiar doors were Amelia knocks on them revealing Dr.Raven. Sam immediately cowers away finding comfort in her mommy's neck that shields her from the world.

"Hey you two, I heard the good news!!! Let's get you in here so we can get going." Dr.Raven leads the way to the back where the table covered in white paper is. Amelia sits Sam down on the table but the girl doesn't let go holding as tightly as she can.

"Cmon baby, didn't you say Benny and Barry wanted to meet Dr.Raven?" Amelia questions hoping to get the girl to release.

Surprisingly, Sam let's go opting to hold the two stuffies close as she wearily watched Dr.Raven move about the room.

"Alright Sam, this is an easy check up and I promise no needles." Sam let's out a huge breath of air she had been holding onto. Her demeanor changes and she relaxes slightly "And who are these friends with us today. I heard they want to meet me?" Dr.Raven asks with a chuckle looking down at the girl.

"This is Benny w-who you've already met, a-and this is Barry, Mommy made him for me." Sam says while playing with the dinosaurs head. Amelia strokes Sam's head lightly pulling her hair behind her ear.

"Well it's nice to meet you" Dr.Raven holds out her hand to shake Barry's "and I'm glad to see you again" she moves over to wave at Benny. Sam smiles while looking at the doctor no longer feeling shy around her. "So first things first, height and weight need to be taken"

Amelia picks sam up from her underarms putting her on her feet. Amelia holds onto Benny and Barry keeping them safe while Dr.Raven guilds sam over to the scale. With her back up against the wall she the doctor takes her first measurement before reading the scale and writing it on her notepad. Afterwards Amelia picked Sam up putting her back in place.

"Looks like you've shrunk about two inches which is completely normal and healthy for littles, and you've gained weight. So far so good!" Dr.Raven grabs a few more instruments, testing Sam's temperature, hearing, vision, reflexes, and so on. "Well, you two are good to go. I'll schedule a therapy appointment right away" She tells Amelia before pulling out a purple lollipop from her secret drawer. Handing it to Sam she quickly tears the paper off poping it in her mouth.

"What do you say Sammy?" Amelia reminds the girl of her manners.

"Thank you" Sam says kinda muffled by the lollipop.

"Your welcome Sam. I hope you have a wonderful day" Dr.Raven tells the girl wholeheartedly as Amelia picks up the girl to go back to their room.

"Thank you Raven. For everything you've done for me." Amelia says before leaving.

"Your welcome and don't forget to visit while your off living the dream" Raven chuckles before cleaning the room.

The two head back to the room to drop off Benny and Barry so they can head to the playground to get out some of the energy making Sam bounce and twitch every two seconds. Amelia knows she's like a ticking time-bomb right now considering she normally has playtime right after her nap.

A shorter chapter than usual but I really wanted to get something out today

Thank you all for reading!!!