Chapter 16

✦--------->[16]<---------✦

"Rahul is not home yet--" Hanya, let out, concern evident in her voice while placing the towel in its designed place, glancing at her husband who was busy, adjusting his wristwatch.

"--It's been days," Hanya put in, with crystal eyes,

"So what--" Chris responded taking his phone and then heading downstairs,

"--At least pretend you care for him"
Hanya mumbled, Chris glared at her,

Hanya released a sigh,

"--Rohan!"

"Where is he?--" Chris raised a question, Rohan who was having his breakfast, quickly stood up and swallowed down the unchewed bread thickly and emptied his mouth to say something but again sealed it, 'Poor boy cannot reveal to his father about their not so beloved son who was in prison, he got to know last night, he remembered pulling out his hair stands, cursing the said male while glancing at the laptop of Ryan, which was showing the exact location of Rahul by the help of the tracker'.

"Who?" Rohan questioned obviously,

"--Rahul! Where is he?" Chris snarled,

"I-He don't know--" Hanya cut off Rohan's words, who sigh in relief,

"Are you sure?--" Chris questioned, facing Hanya with a suspicious look displaying on his face, Hanya frowned, not liking the sudden inquiry.

"Of course, honey--" Hanya answered, attempting to convince her husband,

"--Continue your facade like this, Lemme see how far it will go this time" Chris spat looking into the crystal eyes of Hanya with a scowled look.

"This is not a facade, I'm not lying" Hanya defended herself, Chris chortled,

"Keep telling this to yourself Hanya!"
Chris raised his voice startling everyone present there at the moment.

"Dad!" Rohan said angrily, striding towards his mom and holding her.

Chris went outside of the mansion.

"Rohan, son please, bring Rahul, I want to see him, I can feel something is uneasy" Hanya pleaded clasping a hand on her lips to suppress her sobs, she relaxed a bit when her son rubbed her back to make her calm. He felt bad for not telling the truth, but can't risk his life cause he knows if Rahul found out, that he had told Ma about this, he would be dug six inches under the ground.

"Don't worry Mom, I'll drag him here"
Rohan comforted her with a sad smile and peek away only to see Riya sitting on the sofa with her legs crossed chewing gum while using her phone.

"Mom' sit, I'll fetch you some juice"
Rohan goes inside the kitchen,

"Riya, can you bring me my medicines, It's upstairs on the side table" Hanya requested, Riya rolled her eyes.

"Mom, I'm engaged in work can't you see" Riya replied with a groan, Hanya nodded and thought about Rahul who always reminds her to take medicine, occasionally when he's home he would request her to take the doses regularly.

"Mom, be strict or Riya will get spoiled" Rahul had reminded her of this but she always shrugged in return.

"Riya!" Hanya stood up, snatched the iPhone from Riya's hold, and glared at her.

"Have some shame, your brother is nowhere to be seen, and here you are using socials instead of your work--"
Hanya blasted, it was enough, everyone was carefree, they didn't care a family member was missing.