vi. honeysuckles

man i'm so mentally exhausted rn but i wanna write cs i love all of u thank u for the comments and reads 🫶🫶 you all mean so much to me it always makes me smile when i read ur cmmts (:

this chapter is gonna be a bit more sad than what i usually write. im kinda tired this week so my humor is running a little dry LMFAOO its okay next week will be a FULL COMEDY

this chapter isn't rlly plot essential it's just reader reflecting on their relationships so far and a little danheng bit at the end but next week i will feed u sm danheng content

danheng and i are back at march's office for this week. i love you march <3

this session, i find danheng to be a little bit more affectionate. he is holding onto my hand and interlacing his fingers with mine as we sit on the couch across from march. when i tell you i almost had a heart attack...

the reality in me knows that he's doing this for show, to continue dragging this game out for as long as possible, but a part of me really hopes that he's doing this for the sake of being loving.

but willpower can't change much.

danheng is a very strategic and logical person. to have went along with my strange publicity stunt so easily was already an out of character move from him.

perhaps he just really wants to fulfill my happiness since he is always so thoughtful of me. i've known him since forever so we've been especially close.

forever? no, not really, but with how close we are it did feel like i've known him my entire life. i met him back in high school with our common overlap of classes.

i've always felt a bit alienated from the rest, as if my mind worked and acted differently from what others have shown, and for that i've been especially distant with most people.

there was something about him that was so gravitational, or maybe calming to my mind. upon his presence i wasn't scared to be myself, and for the first time in awhile, i felt that i actually belonged to something. that my need and drive for acceptance had finally found its destination.

asphodel had something similar. an energy of acceptance and a free spirit. but the real motivation for their qualities was because they were genuinely insane.

i first really appreciated them, because i only questioned during that time, could i ever be loved? could anyone truly host such pure feelings towards me, someone so detached from reality and out of tune with others?

asphodel loved me in a way that no one else really did, and that was the issue. they loved me far too much to a point of insanity.

damn bro, that's crazy.

it's okay though. even if danheng only remained my friend for the rest of my life, i will have learned from him that i am capable of being loved.

i realize that danheng knows me a lot more than himeko, though himeko has been with me for longer.