xi. cosmos

HI GUYS thanks for 7k reads and 300 votes, you guys are so perfect <333

"HE TOLD ME HE LIKES ME and we're dating but i don't know if he means that platonically or not, like YOU KNOW how you can like a friend as a friend??"

"you said he kissed you though?"

"OKAY well sometimes friends are silly and do that. sometimes friends kiss each other to feel better. SOMETIMES FRIENDS DATE EACH OTHER."

"YOU'RE FUCKING JOKING."

"NO BECAUSE after that we just go back to our dorm like NOTHING HAPPENED."

my friend kafka sits across the coffee table from me, brushing strands of her dark purple hair out of her face so she can look at me with the most confused face ever.

i sink back into my chair, crossing my legs and taking a long sip of my espresso as i remember what happened last night.

it was just after our therapy session and we were walking down the same street we always take to get back to our dorm.

and then, that thing happened. the thing where we kissed and it was slow and sweet, and the thing where we said that we liked each other.

but what did he actually mean???

kafka briefly sighs and continues, "y/n, what makes you think that none of that was romantic?"

i think about it and arrive to a conclusion.

"because he's too good for me."

"EX-FUCKING-SCUSE ME?!" kafka bursts, attracting some stares around the cafe. she then quickly relaxes and laughs it off, but talks to me seriously.

"y/n. it's literally impossible that you're not good enough for someone. you have extreme rizz with literally everyone and you're so damn attractive and funny. your soul is the focus of perfection," she stares at me sternly.

i put my head in my hands, sheepish from the sudden compliment. "oh, kafka, that's so sweet," i laugh softly.

kafka smiles and nods gently. "what's his name? you've told me literally everything except for that," she asks casually, drinking her iced latte.

i find no reason to hide it from her.

"danheng."

"ah, okay," she sets down her latte on the table. "say, are you free tonight? around seven?" she unhooks her circular sunglasses from her shirt and wears them, signaling she is about to leave soon.

"yes, i am," i nod, wondering why.

she grins. "great. meet me by the campus fountain. don't flake out on me." she stands up from her seat and grabs her drink along with her, pulling her handbag over her shoulder.

"alright, i'll see you then," i confirm, but before i can ask why, she already walks away and leaves the college coffee shop.

the bell rings shortly after and i finish my coffee. i take my bag with me and start making my way down to the mathematics building for my ap stats class.

you know, the one where i caused a major accident revolving the whole airborne schlong thing.

proceeding the incident i was threatened with suspension, but i pulled the minority card and got myself excused. from there, students started kind of respecting me more, like they are afraid i will transmit the "virus".

i open the door to the classroom and dap my professor up as we usually do, then take my seat next to... danheng.

his grey eyes sharply peer into mine and i freeze for a bit, not too used to randomly being a subject of his gaze. he then smiles, "hello, my sweet."

W H A T

i am about to have a HEART ATTACK out of how cute that was but i have to remember that i still don't know what he truly thinks about me. we are still, from what we communicated, fake dating.

i regain my composure and say, "awh, hello dingle."

himeko bursts out laughing from behind me and lightly hits her fist against her desk. "LMFAOOO ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GONNA STICK TO DINGLE????"

danheng seems to laugh a bit to himself as well, finding my manners strange. his laugh is so cute, so gentle, and it makes my heart beat a bit.

"for real g 😳😳," i respond to himeko before the lecture starts.

"so regularly to represent statistical data, we use box plots and bell graphs. box plots are extremely essential in visualizing data. i used one to visualize the number of times my mouse husband has cheated on me with each of their other chicken spouses," my professor says calmly and displays a highly skewed graph on the projector.

i start laughing my shit off and suddenly danheng holds my hand, so i am caught by surprise and now i am choking while laughing. holy shit.

most of the class follows somewhere along that line with everyone laughing at the expense of my professor as they usually do. danheng rarely lets go except for when he needs to get something out of his bag, but he always intertwines our fingers again.

god damn.

eventually the class ends but i am not able to really focus on anything else. anything mentioned in that class today has been completely filtered out of my mind. i am stick with danheng brainrot.

— second person

at around five in the afternoon, danheng's final lecture ends. he packs his materials up and with a heavy sigh, stands up and exits the classroom.

as per usual, he walks down the hallways to find his locker so he wouldn't have to carry all the heavy textbooks at a single time.

as danheng walks his normal route, he thinks about what happened yesterday night, and suddenly his face is a bit flushed. he pulls his dark red scarf over his face to cover what it can.

it was impulsive, but it felt right— to have kissed you in that moment. and it felt extremely pleasant to have finally kissed you where he had wanted to. not just on your hand or forehead, but on your lips.

and he finally told you how he had felt. surely you understood now, didn't you?

he continues walking happily to his locker, but finds a note attached to his lock. curious, he removes and unfolds the little slip of paper.

danheng:

7pm, campus fountain. i will fight you for y/n.

KAFKA KNOW WHAT SHE DOING FRL TRUST 💯💯💯

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS AND READS ALL OF U URE SO CUTE!!!