xiv. river

LOLL me after spoiling w a triweekly update and then ghosting for 3 weeks straight >< sorry guys ive been lacking in the mental lately but i be trying to get better <3 thank u for being patient w me

LOWKEY kinda also wanna hand out my socials too for any of my readers that wanna b like friends w me ?!!?!?! hehe (im friendless)

frl thanks for 9k cuties <333

happy birthday to me :D

this chapter is not essentially part of the plotline, nor does it even exist in this time. this is an imaginative scenario as to what would happen if y/n had chosen a different path. felt so bad for these poor babies ):

 felt so bad for these poor babies ):

kafka route.

time -- chapter xi: cosmos

second path

"y/n, i like you."

kafka sits in front of me again at our usual spot in the school coffee shop. it is late at night and the area is dimly lit, and i am getting a little exhausted-- but i can still comprehend what she is saying.

but supposedly, she knows that i am with danheng or at least, attempting to understand how he feels about me, to see if he reciprocates or not.

i don't know what she's doing. i think, in a way, she's trying to make things easier on me, by giving me choices.

heat rises up to the apples of my cheeks and i can feel how flustered i am getting. my posture straightens tensely and i keep my hands folded in my lap.

kafka notes my behaviour and lets out a soft chuckle, one that i've known for forever, and one that makes me feel the same way every time. comforted.

"ah, my bad," she continues with her gentle, low voice. "i probably made you more confused on what to do, didn't i?"

she ponders, crossing her legs and leaning back with a smile. "i just thought you could benefit from some more straightforwardness."

i shyly laugh in return, unknowing how to respond to the situation. my hot friend since highschool just confessed to me but i am also growing closer to my other hot friend. why do i have so many hot friends (except 4 sampo)?????

if anything, i say what feels right at the moment.

"chat is this real"

kafka lets out a spontaneous laugh, her shoulders shaking with joy. "y/n, of course it is. i've loved you long before you even knew my name. you were my world before i came in yours."

she speaks with such a poetry that reminds me of danheng's literary fluency. the two can be similar at times, but also extremely different in their own unique aspects (both of which were insanely attractive).

i have always held some sort of attraction to kafka, but in general, never really knew what to categorize it into.

i always just labeled it as some admiration that friends share in between them but i never knew, nor did i ever have the chance to inspect what it genuinely was.

it was the type of friendly admiration that made my heart flutter upon hearing her voice and knowing that i am safe and comfortable.

the type of friendly admiration in which kafka had taken up a region of my thoughts and my heart longed for her every second that elapsed without her.

the type of friendly admiration that is just like the authentic experience of falling in love.

just kidding. that doesn't exist. i literally have a crush on two of my hot friends (maybe three in himeko route??????????????).

"do you need to think about it?" kafka tilts her head to the right, strands of her dark toned hair falling on her shoulders.

she leans forward and gently places her hand on the top of my head, smiling ever so gently and playing with a strand of my hair.

"don't worry your pretty head about it y/n," she continues in her alluring voice. "i know you'll make the right choice."

i hope i do.

YEAA so short chapter BUt i feel bad for starving u of content for so long

school started again awhile ago so thats why ): lowkey busy BUT i try my best for ygs cs i love u <3

dw himeko route coming soon