Hikaru/Hyuga

As his older brother, Hikaru feels it's his responsibility to be protective of Hyuga. If he doesn't like leaving him unsupervised, that should be okay! 

But he supposes the way he thinks of his little brother isn't healthy. Then again, if he wants Hyuga to stay with him and him only, what's the problem with that? They should be allowed to be together. No one could protect Hyuga better than he would. 

So if he has to block the door to prevent Hyuga from leaving, it should be fine. He has no other choice. 

"Hikaru! Let me go!" Hyuga tries to push Hikaru away from the door, but fails, much like his previous attempts to get through. 

"Not until you tell me where you're going!" Hikaru keeps his grip on Hyuga's wrists firm. 

"I don't have to!"

"Yes you do, Hyuga! I need to know where you're going so that I can keep you safe!"

Hyuga takes a few steps back. His hands ball up into fists. "I'm going to see Lain!" 

The silence in the room is deafening. Hikaru's eyebrows furrow. 

"And why would you do that?"

"It's none of your-" Hyuga stops himself from continuing when Hikaru begins to sniffle. He's unsure of what to do, shifting his weight from one leg to the other. "Hikaru? Are you-?"

"Promise me you won't see Lain." His voice is shaky, barely above a whisper.

"But I-"

"Promise me, Hyuga!" Hikaru sobs, falling down to his knees. Hyuga quickly rushes next to him, putting a hand on his cheek. "Please, don't see Lain. I don't want you having any contact with him. He's no good." 

Hyuga tears up. He understands Hikaru's distrust towards Lain. He knows that Hikaru doesn't understand how kind Lain can truly be. 

"I can't promise that. I think Lain actually really likes me," Hyuga says with a smile. He could always just lie, but he doesn't want to make any false promises. Especially not with Hikaru. "We could go visit him together! I know you'll be able to see how great he is if you come!"

"No, I understand." Hikaru pushes Hyuga away, standing and wiping away his tears. "If you hate me, you can just say so."

"What?" Hyuga feels his heart drop at his older brother's words. Why would he think that? "I don't hate you!"

"Yes, you do. If you didn't, you'd do what I tell you." He turns away, opening the door and gesturing towards it. "If Lain is more important to you than I am, then you can go see him. I don't care anymore."

"Hikaru, no!" Hyuga pulls Hikaru into a hug, sobbing into his chest. "I don't hate you, I could never! I-If you want me to stop seeing Lain, I will! I'll never see him again!" 

Hikaru pushes the door closed. He holds up his pinky finger. Hyuga immediately interlocks their pinkies. "Pinky-promise," Hikaru whispers, "Whoever lies has to swallow a thousand needles." 

Hyuga sniffles and buries his face in Hikaru's chest. Hikaru smiles, patting his younger brother's back soothingly. 

He'd do whatever it takes to keep Hyuga from getting hurt.