chapter 3

"Be sure to give us many calls and don't be shy to come around". Jacob grabbed Chresanto's bags and put them in the taxi trunk. There was a bitter sweet feeling in the air, a sadness that paints their faces into a dead melancholy expression.

"Don't worry guys. I won't stay away from you all for too long". Chresanto tried to keep a happy look to disguise the emptiness inside. "Y'all are my bros".

"Roc can I talk with you for a second?", Rayan came quietly as if not to disturb the area. Roc submitted and stood to the said and Jacob into the house to overturn privacy.

"What is it Ray?", Chresanto asked.

"Well it's been such a long time that we knew each other. And we certainly gotten close, really close, practically another version of each other. And well.... I guess I kinda grew fond of you over the years". Rayan took a pause, his heart was pounding in his ears, he tried his best not to studder. 

"I know. We're basically brothers".

"No I don't think you got me".

"What you mean".

"I think.... this will shed light". Ray gave the folded paper to Chresanto and hugged him. "See you later". He walked away and a tear slipped from his closed eyes. He opened the door and ran to Jacob.

"I tried to tell him, I just couldn't. But I gave him the paper".

"Well he'll probably understand", Jacob felt like the parent of a puppy love struck child. He held Rayan and caressed his head, reassuring him. "Go clean up your face. We're gonna have company".

"Who?".

"You'll see".

Rayan wiped his face and looked in the mirror: there was a heart broken soul that would soon miss his crush. Freshened up and ready for company, Rayan looked for Princeton who was outside again, Prodigy was back and time was sure good to him.

"Oh my God. How we have missed you so. Lemme take a look at you". Princeton looked art Prodigy admiringly and hugged him again. "Goodness you look great".

"Thanks, but not as great as you do son. Where's Ray?".

"Oh he's inside. He should be here in a minute. Matter of fact here he is".

Ray came out all chilled much like if he had just woken up. He greeted Craig and offered to take in his bags, leaving Jacob and Craig to talk.

"What's his problem?", prodigy asked.

" oh he's just down. Roc left today".

"Oh I get it. He didn't tell him that he liked him in time".

"Wait how'd you know he liked Roc?".

"Come on when you like someone, you can't hide it as easy as you think. Especially when it's another guy".

"Yeah. I guess". Prince looked at his feet when he said that. In fact it was pretty self explanatory, since Prince held the second hug a little longer. He looked into Prodigy's eyes and batted his eyes.

"So... what are we gonna do now?".

"Well, prod, we're waiting for the new kid Elijah to come.....and I think that's gonna be in like two hours".

"Aye y'all I'm gonna go lie down in my room just to let you know", Rayan said then went into his room. They went into the kitchen and looked around, nothing to snack on.

"aye Jake what about we buy pizza, soda, you know the usual. And have it ready for Elijah, and us of course".

"Sounds like a good idea", Jacob smiled and ran up to get his wallet. He smiled and jumped around, his crush came back. Then he thought about it: his crush came, while Rayan's left. When put like that, it seems bad. But oh well, he sprayed on his favorite scent and grabbed his wallet. One last look in the mirror and down the stairs, then back up.