chapter 7

"How's about we go for a walk today?". Elijah looked in the closet and picked out a pair of beat up shoes that he usually wore when he walked. Ray stood at the door watching Ej with a look that seemed to say what the hell you mean walk? He just shook his head and sat in a nearby chair and asked, "okay. I'll go walk with you, but where are we walking at? Or to, the that's a better question".

"We can go to one of those state parks". He thought about it for a second and nodded.

"But where is it and how will we get there?".

"Leave that to me. It's a big and wonderful place", Ej said confidently.

--------

"It's nice out here", Ray said as he rested on a rock. Elijah sat under a tree and took off the backpack of snacks they brought.

"Wanna break for lunch here Ray? It's a nice spot".

"Sure". They ate and continued for a walk through the hills, matter of fact they were sitting on top of one. Soon they finished and wondered what to do next. They just decided to stay there for a while and relax.

"You know what I feel like doing? Drawing", Rayan said as he twirled a leaf by its stem.

"It's a good thing I brought a notebook and pencils. I like to write poetry. Ooh you know what we should do?".

"What's that?".

"I should write a short poem, give it to you, then you have to draw a picture based on what you get out of it, followed by explaining the drawing, you know. Then switch where you draw the picture first then I have to write poetry based on what I get from your drawing". Ray hesitated, but understood the challenge and nodded.

"Okay here we go. Oh and we have to do it in five minutes". Right then Elijah began to write and think, think and write, until he came up with a couple stanzas.

With the poisons that flow in my veins
Disgusting and disguising as blood
The body is weakened
Thoughts surging like a flood

You bring the life back to me
Your displays of emotion revive
And dilutes the venom within
Finally I feel alive

Alive and in love.....

Rayan read it and right for a second then drew a pair of hands holding a heart that was connected to the veins in the person's wrists.

"Oh that's pretty Ray. You have a talent".

"Thank you. And you have a way with words. Okay my turn". He began to think and drew the dark figure that appeared in his dreams. He had a guy on strings like a marionette, with another person: another guy on strings in the other hand, the two trying to reach for each other, only a hair away, both blindfolded. Then Ej looked at the picture, at Rayan, then back at the drawing.

"I've seen this before. That dark person. In a dream". Rayan got scared and thought about how he asked for that spell from Netula, was this who she said he'd be? Elijah?

"You did? That's where I got him from", he said meekly. They looked at each other like what the hell?!?! Elijah just shrugged it off and began writing.

There's an ominous force controlling us
Much like sorcery, witchcraft, magic
Having my feel for you in the dark
And I can sense you're here

But I can't see you....

There's nothing on my fingertips
But I can feel you here
Takes time for you to open your eyes
And see that true love is in front of us