Chapter 7: Fake Love in LA

Simone is gazing out of the window as she is riding with Nate and Keisha down the streets of Beverly Hills to get to her house. Nate and Keisha are chatting in the background as Simone takes in the view of the Beverly streets. This is the first time that Simone has been home since she left for school. She missed the palm trees, she missed Shay, she missed her old friends, she missed home. As they ride down the street, Simone takes in the LA air and braces herself for their next few days in the city. A tense Simone sighs deeply as the car pulls into her driveway.

"Chiiillleeeee I thought Keisha's house was huge, but her house ain't got nothing on your Beverly Hills mansion," says Nate as they pull up to the house.

Keisha and Simone are taken aback for a moment, but they both laugh. "Now you know my house don't look that much bigger than Keisha's," Simone says as she laughs. The car parks and the girls get out. The front door opens and Simone's parents, Tina and Robert, are there to greet them. Simone runs to them both, jumping into their arms hugging them tightly. She pulls back for a moment.

"Mom, Dad, this is Nate and Keisha." Simone turns to her mom, "I almost forgot you didn't get the chance to meet them during your surprise visit last month." Simone looks to Nate and Keisha. "This is my dad, Robert, and my mom Tina." They all shake hands and exchange pleasantries as they enter the house.

Tina: "We'll let you guys settle in. Let us know if you need anything."

"Thanks mom," Simone says as she shows Nate and Keisha to her room.

"It feels so weird being back here. I feel different, but all this is still the same. At least I get to see Shay, and you guys get to meet everybody!"

Keisha chimes in: "And don't forget the mission, sis. It's time to get things right wit yo man."

"Well duh," Simone says. "We all know that's why we're here. Dang, can a girl breath for just a moment?"

Keisha: "Okay, well I think you breathed enough on the ride to the house. It's time to get into some trooouubblllleeeee."

Nate: But first, I'm hungry. We need to get something to eat."

Simone: "Okay, so let's pop up on Jordan and see if he wants to come eat with us. He's gonna be so surprised."

While the girls get ready to go and get food, we head back to campus where Damon is coming off of the elevator to his dorm. Just as he steps off, he sees a familiar face.

"Oh, hey Thea. What's good?"

"Nothing much," Thea responds. "Just about to sit on the couch and watch A Different World. I'm surprised you're still on campus. You don't have anywhere better to be during fall break?!"

"I could ask you the same thing, but what I really should be asking is if you still wanna go on that date you asked about last week."

Thea blushes turning her face away slightly. "You got a place in mind or do I have to come up with that idea too," she questions jokingly.

Damon laughs, "Oh nahh, I got an idea, but I have to handle a few things first. You wanna meet back here at 6?"

"Sure, okay. I'll see you at 6," says Thea just before they part ways.

Now at the beach house where Jordan stays with Spencer, JJ and Asher.

Jordan is getting ready to go with Layla to meet with her dad and his new girlfriend.

"Is this shirt okay?"

"The shirt is fine Jordan. Geez, you're more nervous about meeting my dads new girlfriend than I am... Oh, hold on. Let me fix your collar." Layla goes in to fix the collar on Jordan's shirt. They get caught up looking deeply into each other's eyes just as the front door opens. Simone's smiling face peers around the door.