Chapter 13: Runnin' Thru Lovers

The following events occur after 2x05. Starting on Monday.

The past month has been extremely chaotic, emotionally draining and stressful for Simone and her Bringston fam. With all the stresses of tennis, baseball, losing family dinners, the bomb threat and it's after effects, everyone is just doing their best. Valentine's Day approaches and though the campus is seemingly returning back to functioning normally, the traumatic event still looms over them... but with love in the air, many are starting to look forward to the future.

Simone has been chatting with Terrell (in the top right corner of the header) pretty consistently and she has also found the perfect distraction in Lando, who she had sex with the night of the bomb threat. Simone and Lando currently mess around whenever she feels like it and that's the most that the relationship is at the moment. Both guys are pretty chill. Not much pressure attached to them, which is just how she likes it right now. It's just how she needs it to be... But now, Simone has a few decisions to make. Will she stick to her guns and maintain these relaxed un-complicated relationships she currently has with the boys, or will she start to get her feet wet romantically again? It's gona take someone or something pretty convincing to help make up her mind.... Or, make her change her mind.

JR's kind of in the same boat. He's trying to fully embrace hoe season, but he loves Valentine's Day. It wouldn't be a true Valentine's Day if he didn't do something for a lady or a few. No strings attached of course. In order to stay relaxed in his current situationships, and in an effort to still be a nice guy, he proposes an idea to the baseball team — hand out roses to girls around campus on the day before Valentines Day. He's just looking to spread love and hopefully, create some happy faces too. The baseball team agrees to pitch in.

Though she's not very romantic, Damon surprises Thea with a few roses. In addition to that he has other plans for the day of. He wants to make her feel special since this will be her first time ever celebrating romantically. They are hanging out in her room cuddled on her bed.

Damon: "You ready for our romantic evening tomorrow?"

Thea adjusts her body to look at him responding nervously. "I am, but I need to ask you something though."

Damon removes his arm from around her and adjusts himself to look directly at her as well. "Wassup?"

Thea: "How romantic are you planning on getting? Just like dinner and a movie or that and.......well you know?"

Damon chuckles. "You mean sex, Thea? Is that even something you're ready for?"

"I don't know. I mean, I know you're experienced, and since this is the season of love, I just wanna make sure we're on the same page," Thea responds.

"I mean, I would love to, but I'm not expecting anything. You can't even say the word, so I'll take that as you not being ready. I'm cool with that," he says reassuringly. Thea sighs with relief. "It's no pressure, seriously. We can go at your pace. You just tell me when you're ready."

Thea smiles softly. "For now lets just worry about the date. We'll figure the rest out later."

Damon hasn't really thought about sex with Thea too much. He knows that she's new to all the relationship stuff, plus her injury has already taken up so much of the time and energy in their relationship. Not to mention them getting together was on the heels of Simone pretty much breaking his heart. Then the bomb threat. Their relationship has been an infinite transition period and not in a normal way. He does get sexually frustrated at times but typically just handles it himself. Now that he really thinks about it, it's been a minute since he's indulged. He's truly in a drought. Thea bringing the subject up by herself might be a good sign for him though.