Chapter 18: I Thought You Wanted to Dance the Night Away

As the PKZ/KEK Black & Red masquerade ball approaches, Simone's schedule is jam packed with classes, PKZ duties and tennis practice. She doesn't have much time to think about boys. She keeps pushing forward... So, does Damon. He's finding his own ways to stay busy during this time. Maybe their friends can find a way to make some magic happen for them. But, will the magic happen for them separately or together? Week 4 of pledging. Roughly follows 2x12.

Tuesday

After practice, Damon and JR head to the KEK house to relax and play video games. On their way in, Cam, some of his line brothers and a few frat are heading out of the house to a dance rehearsal for the ball. JR has been making sure to spend a good amount of his free time with Damon. He knows that Xavier passing, exams, the YardYak post and all the stuff with Simone has been a lot, so he's just trying to be there for Damon in the best way he knows how to. After about an hours an a half, they pause the game so JR can handle some KEK stuff. Damon scrolls on Instagram until JR finally comes back around.

JR finally walks back to the living room holding his phone in his hand. "Bro look at this limo we got for this weekend. It's straight fire!"

Damon looks up from his phone. "Limo for what?"

"The masquerade ball, duh."

Damon looks back down at his phone and continues scrolling. "Oh.... yeah, I'm not going to that anymore, but I'll send you my portion of the money for it."

"Why not? Cause you don't have a date?"

"When we made plans, I was with Thea. Now, I'm not with anyone. You wanna get back to the game or what?"

JR ponders for a moment. He's thinking of a master plan. Damon doesn't have a date. I can fix that. "You know what, I think I'm good on it for the night. Gabby is coming over in a few anyway."

Damon puts his controller down on the table and grabs his book bag of the floor. He stands up and tosses the bag over his shoulder. "Aight, imma catch you later. Gonna go do some homework. I'll see you at practice tomorrow." He daps JR up and is on his way.

When Damon gets back to the dorm, he scans his badge to get in then heads down the hall toward the elevator. He pushes the button to go up, then steps back to wait for the elevator's arrival. The elevator dings and when it opens he sees Keisha, then Simone. They had come into the building on the lower level near the parking lot, while Damon came through the front entrance. Simone and Keisha step to the side and Damon walks in, then someone else comes in behind him. They exchange brief pleasantries, ride up quietly and go their separate ways once they reach their floor.

As Simone and Keisha head to their side of the floor Keisha says, "I thought you said that everything was good between you and Damon?"

"Everything is good."

"Then why were y'all on that awkward barely talking to each other thing? You barely said 5 words to him." They're walking into Simone's room now. She doesn't say anything in response. "Okay, so I wasn't going to bring this back up but I think it's time we talk about it.... the cabin."

Simone puts her bag down at her desk. She rolls her eyes and turns around facing Keisha. "What about it?"

"You must've forgotten that I walked out on y'all in the jacuzzi. Nothing came of it. Then the whole YardYak thing... I know I've been the main one saying that y'all always figure it out, but it don't seem like y'all are figuring it out."

Simone plops down on her bed. Keisha sits at her desk. She sighs deeply. "Me and Damon talked about all we need to talk about. We're on the same page."

"I guess you'll talk about it when you're ready. Anyways, how was your first therapy session? You did go right?"