Chapter 14: One Good Thing

It's time for spring break — the first group hang outside of Atlanta. Over the break, things might start to look and feel a bit different for some of the group members when they're away from their on campus distractions and responsibilities. Without distractions things are subject to change for the lovers, friends and in-betweens. Keep reading to find out where they go! (All attendees are pictured above — Jake is the name of the guy in the top right)

The events of 2x07 play out the same leading up to the Dhea break up. Mid conversation, Damon and Thea are standing in the middle of his room.

"...I even said yesterday that you were a nice distraction from tennis. Tennis... the thing that I love......I don't even recognize myself anymore. I'm supposed to be the girl that succeeds at the highest level. Not the girl sitting on the sidelines." Thea is explaining why she had to make sure that she spoke to Coach Loni and let her know that she is not redshirting. She felt like leaving Damon's game was something that she needed to do and represented her prioritizing herself. She feels like she has not been doing so.

Damon is confused about why she's saying this. "No one asked you to sit on the sidelines and do nothing. You can still support me AND do your own thing. One doesn't have to take away from the other."

Thea starts moving toward the door. "That doesn't negate the fact that you have this gravitational pull that I've gotten sucked into."

Damon goes to grab her hand. "Can we work this out? Thea I lo—" She pulls back. "I love you."

Thea becomes emotional. "I love you too. I really do... but I can't lose myself in you. I'm sorry. I need a break from you... from this... us. This relationship is just become too much for me." Thea continues walking away and out of the room. Damon is left wondering what the fuck? How did we even get here in the first place? He's done nothing but be there for her. First JR and now Thea saying that he impacts their lives negatively. What am I doing so wrong that makes them feel this way? To take his mind off of it, he heads to the garage party. This was the biggest game of my career thus far. Tonight is supposed to be a celebration. It's time to turn the fuck up. Getting a little too lit and dancing with random girls lead to his next moments with Simone.

After the 2x08 Dimone hug

Pulling back from the hug, Damon feels less tense and worry. Simone too. He realizes he's over the party now. Nothing but a night of trouble is left there for him if he stays there anyway. Not wanting to put an end to his contentment Damon asks Simone, "You wanna get out of here?"

Simone looks around briefly realizing that an entire song had gone by while they were in their moment. "I was on my way out when you stopped me anyway. I think imma just head to the dorm. I'm kinda tired."

Damon softens his voice. "What if there's food involved?"

Simone's eyes light up a bit. "Free food? Okay, fine. What do you have in mind?" What's more convincing than free food?

Damon wraps his left arm around her shoulders, chauffeuring her to the direction of the exit. "How about burgers and fries?"

Simone looks over at him and smiles. "Now why am I not surprised?"

Lando, who seems to be the only one to witnessed the moment they just had is left curious to what it was all about. He watches them as they exit wondering what was it that she would talk to Damon about that she wouldn't talk to me about. Why Damon at all? He's always getting in the way.

Later at the diner on Lennox

It's the weekend and this diner has some of the best burgers and shakes near campus. It's pretty packed, but that's no surprise. It's loud. The restaurant is full of loud voices and laughter. There is music playing over the restaurant speakers. The station is playing a mix of popular songs. As Damon and Simone walk inside they realize that there is only one booth available. A group of 3 come into the diner right behind them, also coming to the same realization. If Damon and Simone are going to claim it, they're going to have to make a run for it. They look at each other and simultaneously think the same thought. They take off running racing the other group to the booth cutting them off just before they get there, slamming their bodies into the seats.