Chapter 20: Moments

So much is going on for the BU fam this week, from an election, a probate, a showcase, and more! They have many moments to celebrate. Even though the BU baseball team lost their conference championship game, Damon and JR still have a lot to look forward to. Decisions about Simone's love life continue to loom over her, but with so much going on, she's her number one priority. She has a lot of stuff to get through before she can make a decision with a clear mind. No pressure though. Only two boys hearts are on the line.

——

TUESDAY

Simone just left her therapy session. She had a lot to get off her chest, from her pledging, to her love life, to the accident and the abrupt ending of her tennis season. She has a lot to wrap her head around. She still has a lot to work though, but today she's feeling refreshed. Therapy is really helping her face her anxieties and fears head on. It's a process, but the journey she's on is becoming more and more clear. She's heading to a team meeting in a few. The accident was just a few days ago, and there hasn't been much discussion amongst the team since then. They're all individually trying to come to terms with how everything went down on Saturday. For Simone, resting has really been her top priority. She's still a little sore from the accident and her big sisters have been taking it easy on her because of it, but the spring '23 probate is this week, and they have to get their routine right for it. After the masquerade ball performance went so well, they decided to add a joint KEK/PKZ performance to probate night. This will be the first time that they've done anything like that on the BU campus. They only have 2 more days to pull it all the way together. They're close to getting it right though.

Tina is still in town. She planned her trip around Simone's next big events and a few client meetings, so she'll be in town for the next week and a half or so. Simone and Tina will be having a quick dinner with Amara later. Simone is looking forward to that. Then she has probate practice until who knows when. She has to get through this team meeting first. Simone heads to the athletic building. Majority of the team has already arrived when she gets there. They wait quietly for the rest of the team. Coach Loni and Coach Hines arrive shortly after. They've come up with an idea that they think will allow the girls to finish their season the right way, an exhibition match.

Coach Loni and Coach Hines have already spoken with the athletic department heads and the school board, and they have approved the match. They are also providing additional insurance funding for the match. Now, all they have to do is get word out to other teams about the match and get players from other schools to sign up. They will host the match next Wednesday. Unfortunately Thea won't be able to play since she sprained her wrist. It's best for her to wait at least 2 weeks for it to heal, then she can play again. She's trying her best not to be down about it. This is her second injury of the season and she didn't even get it playing. Jade won't be able to play either due to her concussion. She's out of commission for a while. The team is going to meet up again on Thursday to go over some final details and assign a few tasks.

Keena is still in town too. She hasn't visited Atlanta since last semester, so she figured that she would stay for a few week and spend time with Damon. Being at home in Chicago can get pretty lonely at times. Not even a year ago, Damon was living at home. Then, when Damon left for school, Xavier was still there along with his caregivers who came in and out. She's been used to having a pretty full house, but now it just her. She hangs with friends and family sometimes, but it's not the same as spending time with her husband and son. If things go well with Damon's Cape Cod scouting this week, then Damon won't have much time to visit home this summer either.