Chapter 17: Can You Stand The Rain?

It's midterm week and while everyone thought that exams and papers would be their biggest challenges, some soon find out that those are the least of their worries. The YardYak post unexpectedly causes friction between a few friends. When real feelings finally come out will they be able to stand the rain? Week 3 of pledging.

"Bringston's star pitcher, Damon Sims, seen leaving a female students dorm room late last night. More details coming soon."

Damon looks at Simone in shock. He's extremely taken aback. He thought that he was done having his name out there. It's always something. "Wait, what?"

Simone can't even hear his response clearly because her heart is beating so fast that she can hear it in her ears. She spaces out and her minds starts running rapidly. Damon being named is so specific. It's gonna be easy for everyone to narrow it down... And he's standing here with me right now. SHIT! What about PKZ? What am I gonna tell Aqueelah? I'm gonna get dropped when she finds out I broke the rules. I BROKE THE RULES... MORE THAN ONCE. Lando... What if that comes out too?

She was already feeling a bit guilty about her recent night with Lando knowing that her and Damon pretty much have unfinished business. Even though she's single, it's like her and Damon have an unspoken agreement. She would definitely be bothered if she found out that he was hanging out with Thea in a romantic way. And though they're just friends right now, she doesn't want him to think that it's anything more than what it was. How am I supposed to... What are people gonna think? How did we get here? I haven't even fully addressed my feelings for him. Now everyone is going to think that it's something that it's not. Or is it? What is it? Is it even an IT? FUCK!

"Simone... Simone..." Damon says repeatedly. Her trance is slowly breaking. He places his hand on her shoulder softly.

She flinches when she feels his touch. She looks at him, shrugs his hand off and takes a step back. "I have to go!" She tries to walk past him.

He steps in her path. "Wait can you just talk to me for a second?"

Simone rolls her eyes. "NO! If people see me standing here talking to you for too long or walking off with you, that's just gona make more people talk. And if I get caught, I can get dropped from PKZ. I can't lose PKZ Damon! Just give me some space." She walks off, leaving him standing there. All eyes are still on him. Damon takes a look around, adjusts his bag on his shoulder walks off in the opposite direction. He has to get to practice in a bit so he decides to show up to the gym a little early. Simone has to go to her room to get a few things before she heads to the KEK house for the joint KEK/PKZ study hall later.

As Damon is walking, he's getting multiple texts. A screen shot from Cam with the question, "Bro did you see this?" The baseball teams GC is blowing up. They're all joking about who Damon might've been with. Was it Thea? Did they get back together? Nahhh it might be that thirsty girl, Erica? It could be any girl. Damon's the star pitcher. An MLB prospect. He has OPTIONS. Damon is ignoring it all. After about 15 more minutes, Damon gets a facetime call from JR. Damon debates ignoring the call, but he's going to see JR and all the guys at practice in the next hour anyway. He picks up. "Wassup bro?"

JR looks at Damon as if he knows that Damon should already know why he's calling. He definitely does know. "You good? Where you at bro? We need to talk."

Damon takes a deep sigh. "I just left the caf. I'm bout to hit the gym before practice."

"Okay, I just got out of my last exam for the day. I'm done with classes. I'll just meet you there."

Simone's walk back to her room has her paranoid. She's looking around as if people are watching her, but they're not. She gets a text from Gabby. "Should I hope that he was with you and not Thea or should I hope he was with Thea and not you?" Simone finally gets back to her room. She throws her bag down on the bed. She begins pacing back and forth. Okay okay. What am I gonna do? How do I handle this? Should I just go ahead and tell Aqueelah before she finds out through the post, or should I just wait for the fallout?