Volume 2 Chapter 3: A Minor Hiccup

A/N: I'm back! So, quick note for those if you not following me, or not getting the announcements I was posting, I did a bunch of editing of the previous chapters. You can actually see that I made a change log there as well, if you're interested. However, some of you may have noticed that there are music videos in the chapters now. Off a whim, I decided to add intro music. Now, I tried to find songs with lyrics that correlate with how I want the story to go. Anyways, sorry for the text dump, onto what you came here for.

Y/N - Your name

L/N - Last name

E/C - Eye color

H/C - Hair color

H/L - Hair length

F/C - Fur color

"Talking"

Thoughts

'Writing/reading'

"Whispering"
----

Ruby's POV

In the dorm room, we were all doing out own things, and I noticed that Y/N was humming to herself as she was reading. I couldn't tell what she was humming exactly, but, even just humming, her voice was beautiful.

Me: "I wonder what her singing voice is like..."

Y/N: "You say something hun?"

Me: "No! Wait... did I say that out loud?"

Y/N: "Just a tad. Now, quiet down before you wake someone, goofball."

I blushed in embarrassment as I got ready for the rest of the day. It's just... her voice is so nice, it's calming.

Y/N's POV

Classes were slow and boring. It doesn't help that Professor Port pretty much only talks about himself instead of actually teaching us anything important. But soon, class was finally over at 4 in the afternoon, as the bells signifying class was over rang.

Port: "And then I- oh, uh, timed that one wrong I guess. Well, the stunning conclusion to the story will have to wait. Until next time."

As we got up to leave, Yang couldn't help but give Jaune some slight comfort for his failure to pick up Weiss. And so, back to our dorm, where we got ready for our off-the-record mission.

Blake: "I thought that class would never end."

Ruby: "Alright guys, today's the day. The investigation, begins!"

Weiss: "I'm glad to see that we are taking this so seriously."

Yang: "Hey! We've got a plan. That's... moderately serious."

Me: "I mean, it could be better prepared but time isn't on our side."

Ruby: "Right, everyone remember their roles?"

Weiss: "You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other Dust robberies, or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem."

Blake: "The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If Y/N and I can get it, we can hopefully find out what they're planning."

Yang: "I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard."

Ruby: "Great, we'll meet up tonight near Yang to go over what we've found. Let's do this!"

???: "Yeah!"

The monkey was hanging out, and upside-down, right outside of our dorm window.

Maybe I should ask Ozpin if he can get rid of that tree...

Blake: "Sun!"

Yang: "How did you get up there?"

Sun: "Ah, it's easy. I do it all the time."

Weiss: "You do what?!"

Sun: "I climb trees all the time!"

He flipped his way inside of our room, without our consent, mind you.

Sun: "So... are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?"

Blake: "We are going to investigate the situation. As a team."

Me: "Sorry Sun, we don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to."

Sun: "Pfft, that's dumb. You should always get friends involved."

And that's how friends needlessly die.

Sun: "That's why I brought Neptune."

You what?

We all went to check out the window, and there he was, on the ledge of the wall by the window.

Neptune: " 'Sup."

Ruby: "How did you even get up here?"

Neptune: "I have my ways. Seriously though, can I come in? We're like, really high up right now."

To be fair, our dorm is on the fourth floor. But, back in the room with two extra guests...

Ruby: "All right. I'll go with Weiss. Sun, you can go with Blake and Y/N. And Neptune, you can go with Yang since she doesn't have a partner. Everyone good?"

Weiss: "Actually Ruby, why don't you go with Yang, ha. After all, she is your sister."

Ruby: "But Weiss, who would go with you then?"

Weiss: "Well, I guess Neptune could come with me."

Ruby started laughing like a little gremlin hearing this.

Ruby: "Nah."

She then proceeded to drag Weiss out of the room with her.

Weiss: "But! But!"

When was Ruby that strong?! She can barely win a cuddling contest with a plushie!

But, the plan starts now. And so, Blake, Sun and I went to go infiltrate the White Fang.

Blake: "Y/N, question, how will you hide your tails?"

Me: "I have a trick up my sleeve. You'll see when we get there."

Sun: "A trick?"

Sorry Mom, gotta use that trick you told me to never use. But it's for a good reason!

Short chapter, I know, but not much I can do when I'm trying to make it predominantly from Y/N's point of view. Next chapter in a few days! And I mean a few this time.