Volume 1 Chapter 3: The First Step

Y/N - Your name

L/N - Last name

E/C - Eye color

H/C - Hair color

F/C - Fur color

"Talking"

Thoughts

'Writing/reading'

"Whispering"

------------------

I woke up to a loud girl waking up her boyfriend.

"Wake up lazy bud!"

The boy she was with sighed, but seemed like he was quite used to it.

"Ugh... too loud..." I muttered half asleep.

"It's morning, it's morning, it's morning, it's moooorning!"

I got dressed, had breakfast, brushed my teeth and met up with Ruby and Yang. The couple walked past us and the girl was still talking. 

She is very energetic, isn't she?

They talked about some sort of secret signal.

"Wonder what those two are so worked up about." Ruby looked at the two in curiosity.

"Oh, who knows... So! You seem awfully chipper this morning."

"Yep! No more awkward small talk or 'getting to know you' stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking.

"Well, remember Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you want to grow up, you're going to have to meet new people and learn to work together."

"Ugh, you sound like dad! Okay, first of all, what does meeting people have to do with fighting? And secondly, I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk!"

"Well... What if you're working with someone else? You need to know them a bit to make a good team." She'll be working as part of a team when she becomes a huntress, so she'll need to socialize.

Yang: "Yeah, what your girlfriend said!"

"Girlfriend?!" Ruby sounded near worried for whatever reason, whilst I was simply questioning what she said. I mean, I wouldn't say no if she asked.

"I'm joking. But what about when we form teams?"

"Uhm, I don't know, I-I'll just be on your team or Y/N's team or something..."

"Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?"

"My dearest sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?!"

"W-What?! No! Of course I do, I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you break out of your shell!"

"What the?! I don't need to break out of my shell, that's absolutely-"

Jaune came walking by with perfect timing..

"-Ridiculous! There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday?! I would've remembered having to count that high!"

"That's because you put it in 363, Jaune!" 

"Oh! Thank you, Y/N!"

Goodwitch came on over the P.A. system.