Volume 1 Chapter 4: The Emerald Forest

Y/N - Your name

L/N - Last name

E/C - Eye color

H/C - Hair color

F/C - Fur color

"Talking"

Thoughts

'Writing/reading'

"Whispering"

------------------

Yang's P.O.V.

"Hellooooooo? Is anyone out there? Helloooooooo? I'm getting bored here." I heard rustling in the bushes near me. "Is someone there?" I spread the bushes to see who it was. At first, I thought that it may have been Ruby. "Ruby, is that you?" An Ursa rose from the bushes. "Nope!"

I rolled to the side, dodging a swipe. I activated Ember Celica and got ready to kill the Ursa but another came in, making me dodge a second swipe. The first Ursa charged at me, so I punched it in the stomach, launching it backwards. I ran towards the second Ursa and gave it an upper cut and kicked it back.

"You guys wouldn't happen to have seen a girl in a red hood or a girl with a fox tail would you?" They just growled and charged at me. "Could just say no!" I easily dodged another two swipes. "Hahaha. Geez you two couldn't hit the broad side of a ba--" A strand of my hair fell to the ground. I was enraged. "You... You monster!"

 I threw a flurry of punches at the first one, making go through multiple trees, killing it. The second one ran at me from behind and stopped right in front of me.

"What?! You want some too?!" It stood up, ready to attack but it then fell down, dead. Blake killed it. She grabbed her weapon back and sheathed it. "I could've taken him."

Weiss's P.O.V.

I was thrown back, but I landed perfectly. I set myself up for my next attack.

"Remember your training, Weiss. Head up, shoulders back, right foot forward, not that forward. Slow your breathing, wait for the right time to strike... And... Now!'

 I was about to hit the Grimm, but the dolt got in my way, making me trip and fire my attack at a tree, causing a fire. That dolt however, was hit backwards, bumping into me.

"Hey, watch it!"

"Excuse me, you attacked out of turn. I could have killed you!"

"You'll have to try a lot harder than that."

We were surrounded by Grimm. Ruby reloaded her weapon and was about to attack when a tree fell nearby. I grabbed her arm to get us to a safer area.

"We have to go!"

As we left, we could hear the Grimm howling.

Y/N's P.O.V.

I killed the last Grimm near me. I heard some howling coming from the South. 

I don't think they're going where they need to.

I continued my way north but I heard a large tree collapsing.

"What the fuck going on?"

I encountered some Beowolves, but they were no match for me and my training. Although, there was a lot of gunfire and sounds of clashing metal a bit further away.

"I hope they're okay."

As I was walking, I kept thinking about something. I don't have a partner yet! I was mentally freaking out.

"If I don't find a partner, does that mean I would get expelled? If I get expelled, how would I explain this to Daddy? Does that creep have something planned if I don't find a partner? Ugh!!! Well, Mom would be understanding, but Dad really wants me to do this..."

Ozpin's P.O.V.

"Our last pair has been formed, sir. Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren. Poor boy. I can't possibly imagine those two getting along. Still, he's better off than Ms. Nikos."

"Hmmm..."

"I don't care what his transcripts say, that Jaune fellow is not ready for this level of combat. I guess we'll find out soon enough. But, what do you have in mind for Ms. L/N?"

"An idea."

"Okay... At their current pace, they should reach the temple within just a few minutes. Speaking of which, what did you use as relics this year?"

I was in deep thought. We may be able to finally defeat her with those two.

"... Professor Ozpin?"

I looked at my scroll, watching Miss Rose and Miss Schnee.

"Hmmm..." 

Y/N's P.O.V.

I found the temple we were supposed to find. I also saw Yang with a girl with a... twitching bow on her head?

"Yang!"

"Y/N! Where's your partner?"

"I uh... I don't have one yet..."

"Oh. Well, you can always stick with us! Oh! That also reminds me, Blake, this is Y/N. Y/N, Blake."

"Greetings." She stated blankly, as if she had better things to do.

"So... with that out of the way, what were the pieces we're looking for?"

"Chess pieces." Blake answered immediately.

"We got a cute little pony!"

She pulled out the white knight piece from her pocket.

"How cute."

"You should grab a relic as well. Just in case."

"Right!"

As I was trying to choose a piece, we heard a high pitched scream.

"Did you hear that? A girl's in trouble! What should we do?"

Ruby's voice came from above us.

"Heads up!"