Volume 1 Chapter 2: The Shining Beacon

Y/N - Your name

L/N - Last name

H/C - Hair color

F/C - Fur color

"Talking"

Thoughts

'Writing/reading'

"Whispering"
-----------

Y/N's P.O.V.

As the airships landed, "Vomit Boy" ran towards a nearby trashcan. The three of us, Ruby, Yang and I, walk off the ship and look at the breathtaking scenery of Beacon.

"Woooow..." The three of us said at the same time, in awe of our new, temporary, home.

"The view from Vale's got nothing on this!"

Ruby started to get excited for some odd reason.

"Ooh! Ooh! Sis, Y/N! That kid has a collapsible staff! And look, she has a fire sword!"

Yang then dragged then her back into reality.

"Easy there, girl. They're just weapons."

"Just weapons? They're an extension of ourselves!"

"They're a part of us." I had to agree with Ruby on this one. 

"Well why can't you swoon over your own weapons? Aren't you happy with them?" Yang asked, almost like she doesn't love her own weapons.

 "Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people. But better."

"Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?"

"But, why would I need friends when I got you and Y/N?"

"Well... Actually, my friends are here. Gotta go catch up. 'Kay, c'ya, bye." Yang left almost immediately, and all I was able to see of her friends were their silhouettes.

"Wait! Where are you going?"

"Are we supposed to go to our dorms?"

"Where are our dorms? ...Do we have dorms? I don't know what I'm doing." Ruby collapsed on someone's luggage, which apparently made them very angry.

"What are you doing?!"

"Ugh... Sorry!"

"Sorry? Do you have any idea of the damage you caused?"

"Uhh..." I lifted one of the cases to angry snowflake.

"Gimme that! This is Dust mined and purified from the Schnee Quarry."

"Uhh..." Ruby knew what the girl was saying, but it looked more like she was going to...

"What are you, brain dead? Dust! Fire, Water, Lightning, energy!"

"Uhh..."

"Are you even listening to me? Is any of this sinking in? What do you have to say for yourself?!"

"Uhhhhaaaahhh-Chooooo!" Ruby sneezed, causing an explosion to occur.

"Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!"

"I'm really, really sorry!"

"Ugh! You complete, dolts! What are you even doing here? Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon?"