Second Glance 💖

Chitra

I have been here from last day but still i am getting bored . Why Papa can't take a leave ? It's like the meeting won't be held without him. Oh God! Why i am behaving so childish?
Fine let's go the basketball court. I ordered myself .

The sun is at its peak but i am happy here playing basketball. I won't be bored if i am here. I did all my work even my written assignments are also finished. That's why here i am playing at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. Diksha is busy today in completing her work cause she is going to take 4 days leave to be with me.

I am playing basketball and trying to get the 3-pointer shot and trying to shoot from the mid-court . I succeeded in 3-pointer as i have played nationals in undergraduate level but in MCA i didn't continue. Being a national player i still find mid-court shot difficult.

As i was trying the shot , the ball suddenly got out of the court and almost hitted a man but he dodged thankfully.

"Hey ! I am really sorry . Are you fine? " I asked him.

"Yeah i am almost fine but be careful next time ." He said and i nodded .

"By the way , why are you playing at this time it's so hot out here ? " He asked .

"Actually i was getting bored at home so i thought to spend sometime here ." I replied and he made an 'O' face.

"By the way , who are you i hadn't seen you here before? " He asked with a curious face.

"Uhm, I am Chitra . I came here to meet my father. " I replied.

"Ok ! I am Ranveer . I live there in Galaxy Apartments . " He told me smiling.

"Nice to meet you Ranveer ! " I said returning his smile .

" Nice to meet you too Chitra! And listen, there is a electronic basketball section in the indoor games part . You can enjoy there also. " He told me in an advicing tone.

"Thank you for telling and sorry again." I said smiling and returned to the court with the ball.

He mumbled something and waved bye to me and then left .

"Sweet! " I thought.

I played for three hours there

I played for three hours there. I feel relieved cause i was playing after four months. I got fresh and got back to work .

Dakshya

My stupid and overcaring bestfriend Ranveer locked me in his house cause my sweet mother asked him to make me rest. I don't understand why my mother can't understand that i love working and i hate taking leaves ? But still that duffer forgot to take my laptop from me so here I am working from home.

I was having a headache and i can't find the meds so I called Ranveer and asked him to bring the meds and coffee and be home soon.
Its about 30 min. I have seen him parking his car and it takes about 15 min. to get the coffee and reach the apartment. By the way i still don't know why he is staying in this apartment when he have his villa. But it's ok if he find peace here.

I was thinking all this when the door opened and he entered.

"Where were you ? " I asked.

"Office bro ", he replied.

Shaking my head i asked , " I know that but you parked the car approx 30min. back and it takes only 15 min. To get the coffee. So Where were you? "

"Ohh that actually i met a girl there __ " Ranveer started to speak but i interrupted him.

"Again girl !" I exclaimed facepalming .

"Oh Mister listen first " Ranveer said .

"Speak " i said sighing.

"Actually that girl was playing basketball and her ball almost hitted me and then she came to say sorry and get her ball back so i just had a convo with her . Nothing else " he explained.

"Basketball? A girl ? At 3 pm ? " I asked him frowning.

"Yes bro ! If you don't believe me, let's go the balcony she will be in the court only . " Ranveer said and started to open the balcony door.

" There she is . Look " he said .

I was mesmerized with the view infront of me . The girl was wearing a jersey which looked like a national one. The face was not visible due to the distance but she was looking beautiful. But i frowned as i realised she is trying to get a mid-court shot.

" Height h nhi aur shot mid-court. "  I said in mocking tone .
(Her height is small still trying to get the mid-court shot .)

"Don't say that bro . She got 3-pointer shot very easily. And not even one , five back to back . " He said in a proud tone .

" Impressive!" I exclaimed.

" By the way , why are you admiring her so much ?" I asked raising one eyebrow.

" She is cute. Even her name is also so sweet. " He said in an admiring tone .

"Stop admiring a middle class girl and especially when you already have a girlfriend . " I said trying to make him understand.

" I don't care if she is a middle class . Chitra is beautiful. And rahi baat meri gf ki to woh bhi middle class family se hi h . " He replied making me shocked .
( And about my gf she also belongs to a middle class family.)

"Upper middle class " , I replied.

" I don't care. I don't have anyone left and i love her . That's it ." He said.

His tone suddenly dropped. I know what he is thinking, after the death of uncle and aunt he is dependent on me and Diksha, his gf. And mostly living for just revenge.

"Relax , we will get to those fuckers soon and after that you will be able to marry her ." I said teasing him .

"Fine let's go or else the coffee will get cold" he said and we moved back inside .

The day was passing but there were only two things in my mind. First , Ranveer's parents murderers and Second , Chitra.

I wanted to continue my work but my mind was again distracted to that normal girl . She was the same girl with whom i bumped yesterday but still i hadn't seen her cause her face was not clear from here. Till now only her scent was lingering in my head and now her name. Still, her name is so beautiful 'Chitra' . I thought smiling.

'Get a hold on yourself ' , I scolded myself.

______________________

:- Will Dakshya be able to hold his feelings?

Will he accept his attraction to a middle class girl?

What will Chitra do?