"Deeper than flesh wounds"

•Shuichi's POV•
As me and Kaito waited at the door there wasn't a single sound.
"Maybe he is sleeping?" I asked Kaito for reassurance. 
"He might be but we should still check." Kaito said as he pulled out his room key. He opened the door slowly and when we peeked inside we saw something. Sitting on the floor next to the bed was kokichi. He was covered in blood and bite marks will holding his face. It looked like he was hiding the fact he was chewing on something. Maki told us before that he would sometimes eat himself but this was insane. The worse part is that he didn't even attempt to stop when we caught him. He looked at us in the corner of his eye and continued to bite into his Arms. When we realized he wasn't gonna stop Kaito ran up to him. Kaito tried to get him to stop by holding his hands away from him but he kept trying he was even fighting back. When kaito tried to push his head away
it resulted in an attack. Kokichi bit his arm.
The flesh on Kaito arm was ripped off and chewed right in-front of him.
As kokichi chewed on Kaito's flesh they made eye contact.

2 hours later

Me and Kaito were standing next to kokichi as he  laid in our bed covered in bandages and wearing a muzzle. To be honest this was one of the worst things I have ever seen. I would have vomited if I ate my lunch before this.
We had changed his clothes because the ones he was wearing before we covered in blood and little chunks of flesh. He just stared at us. He hadn't said anything since he was snapped out of it. I'm seriously worried and so was Kaito. In order to even stabilize him we needed to get maki,Kirumi and gonta. Not only was Kaito injured but so was gonta and maki. Maki's finger was dangling by a string of skin and gonta's face was bitten. Maki had a hard time trying to get the muzzle on and gonta had to hold him down during that. We had to get the muzzle on first before anything else or we would have the same bite wounds he does. Each bite wound varied in severity,some biters had only broken skin and hadn't had any flesh removed, some wounds were deep enough to show bone and some were only deep enough for it to be stitched back together. While most of his wound were cleaned up and stitched together some were to deep and wide to be stitched. Kaito's arm was able to be stitched luckily but gonta will never be able to see again out of his right eye because when kokichi bit him most of the right side of his face was missing we literally had to pull kokichi's mouth open to grab the eyeball.
We were all disgusted by this but it's not like we could just let him eat himself till there was nothing left, his species can't die so he would eat himself till there wasn't anything left.

2o minutes

Now we were having dinner in our room as kokichi slept. It was 7 now and we didn't know what would happen was he gonna turn again to night or not? We weren't sure. "Hey shuichi how about to take our mind off things we watch some tv?" Kaito suggested while tuning on the tv and switching channels. I just nodded. We watched tv then got ready. We put the duffel bag on the side just in case. Then we put on pajamas we would be so grateful if we were able to get even a glimpse of sleep tonight. While we waited on the floor watching tv we saw the door open. Maki walked into room with her finger reattached.
"He probably isn't gonna turn tonight I did some research in the little demon book and found out that if they go through enough human body damage or stress they won't be able to turn till it's over or they have healed a good amount." Maki said to reassure us. "Thanks maki-roll we got worried there for a little bit." Kaito said smiling.
"Even though he isn't gonna completely turn his body might still go into shock and starvation mode like it was early when he was none stop attacking, so have fun with that,also if you injure him he will turn for safety reasons."
Maki said while smirking. Kaito's smile instantly dropped.
Maki than exited the room closing the door. The sound of door clicking must have been loud because Kokichi immediately woke up. Springing into a sitting position. He was hyperventilating and shaking. He started trying to take the muzzle off.
"Hey stop it your gonna hurt yourself!"
I yelled while rushing to his side.
"Yeah we spent to much time power trying to get that on." Kaito said.
Kokichi stopped and looked at us. "I'm sorry..." kokichi quietly muttered.
I looked at Kaito and he nodded.
"It's okay ko we just don't understand how or Why that happened, we are just glad your okay now." Said while making eye contact with kokichi. He nodded and went back to laying down. Me and Kaito laid down on both sides of him making sure that he wasn't being squeezed. We continued to watch SpongeBob and kokichi just laid in the middle we a worried expression on his face. "What's wrong?" I asked as I turned to face him.
We all began to sit up a bit more. "I've been increasingly unstable today since I turned back this morning." Kokichi said while looking down. "What do you mean?" Kaito asked.

"My emotions and thoughts have been all over the place today,my self control is getting worse and I keep seeing,repeating things,I keep tripping over my words I can't distinguish between my emotions or thoughts, I'm still hungry even though I keep eating,and I can't stop thinking about eating..."
Kokichi explained to us calmly while he reached over to the jour next to our bed pulling out a bag of crumbled paper. He poured the papers onto our bed to reveal they were written apologizes splattered with blood.
Me and Kaito both took a few seconds to think.
This is already terrifying But now that he explained himself it's even scary. We don't know how to handle this we know nothing about him or his species we don't even know if this is only species related.
"I think this goes deeper than we thought." I muttered. Kaito picked up one of the letters and read it than he picked up another one and compared the difference. "These are the same completely the same." Kaito said. He grabbed another one and another one and they were the same except the more we head to the paper in the bottom of the stack they letter started having a lot of spelling errors, then some had weird symbols and some just had some completely atrocious things written on them. At the very end of the stack one paper just had a drawing. An arrangement of weird symbols that kinda look like a horizontal eye with teeth the same eye that was on kokichi's demon forms stomach hole. Kokichi saw it too and didn't look the least but surprised. "Why did your draw this?" I asked while I handed him the paper.  "I don't know actually but when I turned back I was surrounded by drawings like that all types of gory drawings and some body parts I didn't even know I had knowledge of." Kokichi stated. "Can you show us where they are and where you turned back?" I asked. Kaito got out of the bed and put his slippers on and I did the same. When kokichi tried to stand though he almost would have toppled over if it wasn't for Kaito catching him. His legs were shaking a lot. He needed help getting his slippers on and help walking. After we had finally gotten out of the dormitory and Into the school he was tired of receiving help.

"Kaito let me go I don't need help anymore!"
Kokichi whined trying weakly to get out of Kaito's grasp. "Kokichi we know that your tired of being helped ,and that normally your stronger than us when you want to put the effort in but your not in the best condition" I spoke softly while trying to hold kokichi in place. Finally kokichi was able to get out of our grasp and fell. At first he laid on the floor seeming to take the pain in. Then he turned over and stood. But not how you would normally stand. In an all fours position. His back was flat and his toes we on the ground and so we're his hands. His legs were bent but not to bent just enough to be able to comfortably walk like that. Then he started trotting. "What the hell?" Kaito asked while trying to catch up with him. "Your thighs and your arms are severely injured I don't thing you should be doing that." I stated worried about his health.
"Yeah I'm fine." Kokichi said while speeding up.
5 minutes later and he is full galloping now we are in the library. Without warning kokichi jumps at the attic trap door. He was hanging onto the ceiling with his claws and uses his mouth to pull on handle. The trap door opens and the stairs fall down. Kokichi climbs onto the stairs from the ceiling and crawls up. Me and Kaito fallow him up the stairs. Upon reaching the room we see.