Eesni

We lock eyes with each other in a challenge. She really makes me upset with her inability to reason. She needs to meet my parents today to get their blessing then we could get the blessing of the elders.My parents are hosting a party tonight in the honor of me finding my stela but my stela is being uncooperative. The party is not only for us meeting our stela but is where we introduce our queen and get the blessing from the elders in front of the people of Thren. I understand that she isn't use to us but she needs to get use to our ways quickly because who know who might be lurking to do harm to her.

I might be unlikable to her but it was for her own good and mine. I do not have good control over my grige and the royal council will give me hak if they found out about me losing control. Especially Lavor, my mother's brother stripling who is the leader of the council at the young at of thirty six seasons. He achieve being the leader at young age do to his father stepping down. He hasn't been in the council but for only five seasons and he already is causing trouble. My head aches at the thought of him catching notice to me being an unstable king.

" You forgot that you are in my home and I have the command to make anyone do what I want them to do" I snided at her.

"I don't care about you having command. I will do what I want and I have the right to refuse" Alexia snapped at me.

"You do not have to care. What I say is law. I care nothing about your rights. The maids will now come and get you dress," I declared.

All the while I love seeing how feisty she is, the time is not now. The party will start soon and she has yet to see our parents. This argument can not go on any further. She did not have a choose in the matter and I was getting tired of squabbling with her. She steadily talked back to me as the maids came in to take her to the clothing chambers. I look at Eerni and Eetri who were viciously glaring at me but I did not care. We had better things to do than argue with our stela over this matter. I gave them a blank stare because I did nothing wrong. Everyone in my kingdom must obey my orders including our stela.

"You did not have to do that" Eerni reprimanded.

"I did what was necessary. Our customs are important and our parents are waiting to meet her" I stated.

"No what you did was push our mate away from us. We are already having a hard time getting her to accept us and now you are making it worse" Eetri said frowning at me.

"She will come to realize that it is for her own good"

"No she will not because she doesn't understand our culture. Eesni you might be high and mighty to your subjects but to our mate you are just a regular person. It will do you good to remember that" Eerni said.

They got up up and left the kitchen leaving me to my own thoughts. I felt like I was doing the right thing. They had no clue that if the council got wind of me not being able to control myself that we would all be in trouble. They will try to find every reason to renounce my title to change kings then what was I to do. Despite the long history of the kings belonging to my family, we had to fight to keep our position. I refuse to have my throne taking away from me or them getting hurt do to my negligence. I got up and went to my chambers to let them cool off. It was not wise for me to bombard them right now.

I got dress in our traditional garments. I put on a blue tunic with gold trimming on the sleeves and the bottom. The tunic was made out of the finest silk that Thren could offer. It was so soft that you could barely tell that you had it on. I put on my gold ring on my middle finger on my right hand, it was an heirloom that has been passed down through generations. Alexia also has one, I just do not know how to give it to her. When I give her the ring she will officially be recognized as queen. The thought of her ruling by my side made me so happy. I will be able to share my worries and troubles with her instead of barring the heavy load by myself. I would finally be able to breathe. Alexia was the oxygen I need to keep living. I was slowly being suffocated by the burden if being king and not being able to confide in anyone.

Of course I had my hallas but I could not confide in them because they were male and they were not my advisor. The only males that could know about the matter of the kingdom is the elders and even then there is limited information that they can know. The only person that I am allowed to tell the kingdom matter to was someone who was equally as important as me snd that was the queen. When we had found Alexia my shoulders has instantly gotten lighter. I finally would have someone who will understand me. I did not have to be the mighty king in front of her just like Eerni said I was a regular person to her. I do not have hide myself from her but I had another problem.

Who was I?

What kind of person am I?

All I have ever know was to be a king. I have gone my whole lie with people telling me that I was above everyone else. My word was law. I did not have to answer to anyone because I was destine to be the king. My fathers have always said that I was not ordinary and I had to act as such. Now I have a stela that does not like me and I have no clue how to fix it. I do not know how to appeal to emotions especially love. I knew that I would do everything in my power to keep my stela and hallas safe but did I truly know what it is to love them. I would pillage every planet to find them if I had to but did I truly know how to love them. My hallas do not complain about how I show them affection so maybe I was doing something right. It frustrated me not having the answers that I was looking for. I was the king I should know how to solve all problems no matter, big or small. I am a king that can not even solve a trivial thing such as love. How could I ever be the mate that they need?

************

It's kind of short but I did that for a reason. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. You are getting a peek of what goes on in Eesni mind. Do you like him a little better or you still not feel him? Let me know!