chapter three

- BELLA

Two days passed after the incident, and during that time I ignored my brother completely. My friends had already told my parents about what had occurred that night when we returned home that night. I did only tell my mother about what he said to me in the car, but she insisted that my dad should also be aware of it. Even though I felt bad for snitching on him, I can't lie to my parents, especially my mother.

When my dad found out, he and my mother argued with Zion. I could hear all of the continuous shouting and cursing from my bedroom, and it only made me feel worse.

My brother had a reputation for instigating fights, so they had been threatening to send him to a boarding school if he continued to misbehave. He consistently makes bad choices and doesn't give any thought to what happens. Never before have my parents taken the idea of just sending him to England as seriously as they do now.

It's obvious I cared about my brother, and if he had left, I would have felt responsible for damaging his life. I'm unsure if he deserves it or not.

___

"Honey, are you ready?" I heard my mum call for me, she was taking me shopping with her to get our uniform and some other things.

When I was walking out of my door I bumped into someone, Zion. I looked up at him for a second before rushing away to my mum.

that was embarrassing.

"I'm here" Mum turns around and handed me a bottle of water, "Where is your brother?" I stared at her confused.

"Huh- what do you mean? Isn't he grounded?" I questioned her feeling my heart rate pick up.

"Yeah, but that little shit needs to try on the right uniform size; we tend to buy the wrong size since he never comes with me when I buy his uniform. After this, it's simply school and straight home for him—Zion! She calls for him.

"Hurry your ass up!" He comes appears from the hallway with an annoyed expression.

"Relax, fucking hell." He went over to the fridge and grabbed a Red-bull and walked over to us, we made eye contact. I avert my gaze from him.

"Watch your mouth when you speak to me Zi, I'm your mother, not your friend." She slaps the back of his head.

"Let's get going." We all left and made our way to the car.

I sat in the back, fastened my seatbelt, and then pulled out my phone to check my new messages. The girls bombarded me with texts while I was away and I hadn't checked my phone in a while.

I let out a sigh and begin to reply to my friends.

____

"This skirt feels okay, mama?" I open the dressing room door.

"Too short." My brother interferes, "Shut up Zion." My mum said which made me laugh a little.

"Go get another size." He talks again, why does he think he has an opinion on this?

"Zion." Mum glares at him and he shares the same vitality, She said something to him in Arabic which I could barely hear because she muttered it.

My mother is Lebanese, but she was born and raised in New York City. She had a particularly cruel temper, therefore my brother inherited those traits from her. Dad, on the other hand, Is from Brazil. He was born here in New York but raised in Brazil for a short time.

"fahimt ya kalb?" (got it you dog)

Nothing is scarier than a Lebanese mother, and the way they can humble their children. If anybody knew what my mum says to my brother and me whenever were out in public, they would most likely call child services.