chapter seven

- BELLA

The morning bell signalled the start of the first period as my friends and I clutched our timetables, just collected from the front office. My overprotective brother had been shadowing me since we first entered the school, citing his mission to shield me from the "hormonal teenage boys" he believed were lurking everywhere.

"Fuck me dead, who convinced me to torture myself with biology? I hate science, and you all know how much science makes me fucking sick!" Alice's exasperated groan filled the hallway.

"I agree. Sometimes I wonder how you even made it to be a senior," Zion's remark prompted Alice to come to a halt in the middle of the haul, her eyes narrowing at his smug face.

"I didn't ask for your input, dickhead," she muttered the curse word under her breath before stomping away from us in a huff.

"Not my fault she's sensitive," Zion remarked before casually draping his arm around me.

"She might be fiery, but she's got a mouth on her. I wonder what other talents she's hiding besides arguing," Rome teased as he wrapped his arm around Alani's waist.

A low grumble emanated from my brother, and it was soon drowned out by Rome's laughter. "Relax, mate. She's all yours," Rome quipped.

"That's enough of the trash talk about my girl, especially right in front of us. And get your hands off me, Rome." I shot a stern look at Alani, who was attempting to push Rome away, but his grip seemed unyielding.

"You know you love me," Rome said playfully.

"But do you love me? I thought you weren't capable of loving someone," Alani retorted, her eyes locked with his in defiance.

"Don't annoy me. I'm going for a smoke. Z?"

"No dipshit, it's the first day we have to focus, and yes those words just came out of my mouth and I cringed the moment they came out." My brother shivers.

"Schools not that bad. It's fun." I mutter.

"Alright Harry Potter because you're always fucking at your desk reading books and I don't know what. Of course, you like fucking books." Rome retorts making my face red with embarrassment.

"Bella go to class you're going to be late." My brother says firmly.

"I'm going to class," I say with a little hint of annoyance. I shrug his hand away and look over to Lani who's already looking at me with an understanding look.

"My precious girl you look so cute today, lets go these little boys probably have STDs." Lani smiled brightly which caused me to crack a small smile on my face.

As we were about to walk away Rome clutched onto Lani's wrist and pulled her towards him, "Woah there sweetheart, I'm a man, not a little boy. This is me being nice."

Alani pulled her arm away and glared at him before dragging me to class.

___

"Oh god my brain hurts, I don't wanna hear one more thing about fucking biology," Alice whines before stuffing her face with cheesecake

"I relate to you, Pre Calc is fucking me in the butt right now. I'm sick of school and it's only the first fucking day." Lani groans.

"Guys school wasn't that bad!" I try to encourage them but they shoot me glares and I let out a nervous laugh.

"Wait oh my god I forgot to tell you guys, there's a new hot guy in our school and when I tell you he's drop-dead gorgeous!" She squeals going on about the new guy.