chapter five

CALIFORNIA LOVE - (2PAC)

- BELLA

Once we arrive at the estate of Mr and Mrs Hiero, We rang the doorbell and waited a few minutes for someone to open the door.

The door opens and we are greeted by their butler, "Good Evening Mr and Mrs Vincent, Girls. Please follow me." He smiles at me and my friends before leaving for us to enter.

"So fancy," Alice says before walking in behind my parents. "This should be fun." Alani loops her arm through mine, I groan playfully causing her to laugh.

I was struck by how big the living room was as we approached it. I even noticed how many windows their estate had because the living room alone appeared to be so rich and elaborate. The decor and furnishings scream expensive since everything is beautifully put together. Never before have I been here. The ceilings were high, and a stunning chandelier shone brightly in the centre over the entire living area. The residence combines modern and classical academic styles.

It was the right amount of light in the whole house, from the actual lights and the natural lighting from outside. To live in a place like this must be a dream.

"Look who made it, Zahra I'm so happy to see you!" Auntie Cynthia got up from the couch and ran over to my mum to give her one big gigantic hug.

"I missed you Cyn!" She laughed, Auntie Cynthia spotted me and my friends behind my mum and gasped.

"Oh, you girls! I haven't seen you all in a while; Your all so grown up." We embraced her with our arms. She has always treated us as if we were her daughters; since we were young, she has been like a second mother to us.

After we greeted Alani and Alice's family, I started to wonder where my brother was, he was supposed to be here hours ago.

Unless he and Rome have already snuck off to some party.

We sat in the living room and everyone talked amongst themselves, "Baba, onde está meu irmão idiota?" (Dad, where is my idiot of a brother?")

My dad glared at me and I smiled innocently, Just as he was about to answer me the large double doors opened revealing my brother and Rome. "There's your answer, Sweetheart."

Oh. My. God.

There is no way that's Rome.

As he approached the living room, the light caught his flawless olive skin. He had a scar across his left brow, which only added to his allure. His muscular, tall build and broad shoulders were unmatched by any typical senior guy I've seen at school. His biceps were also clearly visible due to the short sleeves on his black shirt. His full blush-coloured lips and hazel eyes stole the room, and my god, even his eyebrows were perfect. His chin is covered in short stubble and his jawline looks freshly shaven with some on top of his lips, his hair was buzzed into a crew cut.

When did he pierce his nose and ears?!

He's a true Greek god.

When he smiled a toothy grin I could see his pearly whites, I felt my insides jump around causing me to shift around in my seat. I shake my head and come back to my senses,

"Ro-Boat what the fuck took you so long, I'm hungry." Alice interrupted the moment with her comment, typical Alice.

"How about you starve." He joked.

"Did you miss me, Mama?" Rome smiled at his mother who ran up to him jumping into his arms.

"My sweet boy! When did you grow up, you pierced your ears and your nose!" Her voice came out a little croaky which meant she was probably about to cry. Rome hugs his mother kissing her hands and her forehead.