chapter fourteen

ANGEL NUMBERS - (CHRIS BROWN)

- ROME

I looked down at my phone which had Alice's location on the screen, it said she was at the park near school, so I parked behind the playground and got out of the car, locking my car.

I spot Alice sitting on the floor with her back against a big tree, she looks up at me and scoffs.

"Why the fuck are you here." She gives me a nasty look as if I just fucked her mum.

"Believe it or not I'm here to check up on you, I'm such a sweetheart aren't I?" I smirk and sit next to her.

It was silent for a moment before I broke the silence, "You always come here when you and Zion argue, even when we were kids it's been your comfort place huh?" She looks at me and then looks straight ahead.

"Don't mention that prick's name." She grits, alright then.

"You know I suck at feelings, how about I listen and you talk, while I try not to fall asleep." I joke and she shoves my shoulder with hers.

"He's just such a fucking dick! Like seriously, it was a joke get over it. I don't fucking like it when he calls me names. Especially what he called me today." She says angrily and tucks her knees into her chest, then looks at me.

"You know how hard I try to contain my anger and hatred for him, I just can't. Because if one day I just explode it'll be the end. Not only am I causing trouble for myself, but I'm putting Bella in the middle of all our fights, and then he takes his anger out on her. I'm a shit friend man." Her voice becomes shaky and she places her forehead on her knees.

"I'm sick of it, it's like I'm a walking disaster and every time I try and do something I just end up fucking it up and getting into a fight with someone. It's like I'm the problem sometimes." She continues to vent, and somehow she ends up laying her head on my shoulder.

"Don't get me wrong, I still dislike you too." She says and I chuckle, "Of course. Besides, You're not a shit friend, you just have a unique personality and you rub people the wrong way sometimes. But other than that, you're a good person Cece. You defend Bella all the time when her brother yells at her, you're not scared to face Zion. I applaud you for that." I say to her.

We sat and talked for an extra 30 minutes and after our conversation was over we got up and left for my house. Me and Alice have a weird friendship, I don't know if I'd consider her my girl best friend since I'm pretty close with Lani too. They're just people I like to fuck around with but in a friendship way.

I mean no harm. I'm innocent.

____

"Yo, where have you been bro, I've been waiting for 20 minutes. Are you even coming?" Zion says through the phone, referring to the ski trip that's happening 3 hours away.

"Nah changed my mind, something came up." I say and he scoffs, "Fuck you." He spits through the phone.

"Love you too," I say then end the call.

I throw my phone on Isabella's bed, she seems to be in the shower when I climb through the window, I walk around her bedroom and see all her books on her shelf, I then scan her vanity which has a bunch of pictures and Polaroids of her with her friends and family. Cute.