chapter eight

- ROME

We had just left the cafeteria to go for a smoke during our free period, this morning while walking in I was fucking pissed at Alani thinking she could disrespect me like that. She had a special surprise coming for her later. Alani is the only person I know who's a proper woman, she may be blonde but that chick is fucking smart and her family is loaded as fuck.

She may have a temper but she deals with it in a certain way, she may act childish at some points but fuck, she knows how to make a guy's skin itch of annoyance.

I exhale a puff from my cigarette and turn to face Zion, who's texting on his phone with an annoying expression, which most likely means he's arguing with some chick he fucked on the weekends and thinks he's the 'one'.

"So did I come back from England to watch you text some whore or did I come back to spend the senior year with my best mate who said he was gonna rekindle our friendship," I say before taking another puff and he aggressively shoves his phone in his pocket and looks at me.

"Aren't you needy for attention, I always knew you had a thing for me, Ro," He smirks and I scoff, "You're just so funny I'm about to cry," I say with no emotion on my face and he pats my shoulder with a laugh.

"Seems like our friendship is already rekindling on its own, I don't see the damage that was made between us anymore," he says and I shoot him a scowl.

"So you got over the fact that I fucked the first girl you ever loved, the amount of lies and the betrayed, you forgot everything?" I almost got annoyed that he had forgotten about it all when we started talking again.

His mood dropped, "Would you rather me fucking stab you with a knife? Fucks sake Rome, I chose to forget for a reason. No matter what you do I cannot stay mad at you, nothing you do is bad enough to make me never breathe the same air as you. What's so tough about that to understand?" Zion exclamation to me almost sounding annoyed that I brought up the topic, no best friend shows that much kindness towards their best mate.

He just accepts what happened in the past like a man.

A few moments pass and it's just pure silence,

Nothing but the wind rushing by and the sound of me inhaling and exhaling the toxin into my lungs.

"You know I love you, man, stop dwelling on the past and just fucking be normal," Zion says.

"I always knew you had a thing for me Zi." I mock his words that he had said previously and he laughs and shakes his head.

"Come on let's go back to the cafeteria, I'm thirsty-" Just as he was about to finish his sentence he got interrupted by his phone blowing up.

the fuck? that couldn't be a girl.

"Why the fuck is half of the school messaging me?" He said before unlocking his phone, the blood was visibly drained from his face, his jaw clenched and the veins on his neck were creeping up to his forehead.

"What the fuck is this." He turned the phone towards me and what I saw was not pretty.

A photo of Bella's face to fucking face with some random dickhead, one move and they would have been fucking kissing. The next second another photo was sent and they were both laughing and she had her arm on his bicep.

Zion looks pissed to the fucking max.

"Whoever this fucker is, he's got another thing coming.

Zion and I headed straight towards the cafeteria and when we got to the doors, he wasted no time pushing them open and power-walking angrily towards his sister and the dickhead she was getting all cozy with.