chapter eleven

ALMOST DOESNT COUNT - (BRANDY)

- BELLA

Waking up to the ominous sound of rain against my window, I groan, disappointed that the sunshine from yesterday didn't last until today instead, It's given way to a stormy weekend.

I was expecting my parents to come home last night but they never came, only Zion did. I called them to ask where they were and they said they're going to stay at a hotel to have 'alone time'. I mentally and psychically gagged at the thought.

He didn't even look at me when he came home last night at 12-ish, I wasn't planning on talking to him either but I'm a person who doesn't like holding grudges, then again in this situation, he's in the wrong.

I slip on a hoodie then head to wash my face and brush my teeth in the bathroom. Following my morning routine, I heard noises coming from downstairs. I went downstairs to see what was going on and saw my brother and his friends, Rome among them, having breakfast in the dining room.

As I came into their view my brother sent me a glare, next to him sat Rome who was smirking at me and looking at me up and down, "Go put on pants." was the first thing my brother said, his friends turned around and looked at me. I ignore him.

"Good morning, B" A voice comes from behind me and when I turn around I'm met with Lauri, short for Laurent. "Lauri!" I give him a big hug since I haven't seen him in a while, "Nice to see you too, B" He chuckles with a smile.

I've known Lauri since I was a kid, even though he's 3 years older than my brother, they're still friends. Laurie's been busy with college since and hasn't been able to visit as much since he's attending college in Australia.

"Come sit and eat with us! I made enough for you as well." He said dragging me with one hand and holding another batch of Dutch pancakes in his other hand.

"Go back to your room, take food and leave." My brother says coldly and gives me an icy stare, "Stop being an asshole to your sister you prick, she can stay here with us. If you're so pressed you can leave." Lauri always defends me, that's why I love him.

My brother grasps his fork before going back to eating, I look next to him and see an angry Rome, oh now what. Can't I get a break from all these glares?

I sat between Rome and Lauri and started asking Laurie about his college life, "How's Anthony?" I ask, he visibly looks annoyed at the mention of the name.

"He's fine." He says and goes back to eating, "Why'd you tense up like that, you usually have more to say about your boyfriend." I give a short awkward laugh and he shrugs.

"Okay then..." I say before digging into my pancakes.

"How's senior life so far? You like it?" Lauri lightly nudged me with his shoulder to get my attention, "Stressful, I've got a stack of homework waiting for me in my room which I was supposed to get done yesterday but I went to the beach instead, It was at least a million degrees." I ramble and he nods.

"Who'd you go with?" Lauri asks me casually, and I shift in my seat awkwardly, "Um, I went alone, my friends already had plans and I didn't want to waste the day." I say discreetly, I feel a rush of nerves spikes down my spine, I don't know why I'm so on edge because of his question, I know he couldn't know I was with Rome because he was literally in another country, unless... ugh stop giving yourself silly thoughts Isabella!

I swallow the knot in my throat and try finishing my meal after which I sense someone's gaze piercing my side of my face. I block out the sounds and concentrate on the person sitting next to me; he isn't touching me, but his body heat is still there. I'm wanting to look at him, but I just can't.