chapter four

WHEN I SEE YOU - (FANTASIA)

(play the song when you see *)

- BELLA

"Wait a second, Rome?" My mum questions my brother as we all sit in the living room.

"Yes, Rome." He answered back while texting on his phone, "Rome Hiero?!" She got up from her seat with a big smile on her face, making her way next to my brother.

He looks at her and sighs, "Yes Mama. Rome Hiero."

"I haven't seen that kid in 3 years, you guys used to be so close, inseparable. Do you still keep in touch?" She sounds excited. "Yes mama, I always visit him every weekend." so that's why my brother is always gone during the weekend.

I remember Rome perfectly.

Rome Hiero, my brother's best friend. They used to be stuck together like superglue, they've been friends since birth.

My mum and his mother have been best friends for years, I guess their kids tuned out exactly like their parents if you know what I mean.

Rome was regarded as the most irascible person in the entire city, and since his stepdad and mother owned half of the city, everyone knew him and his family.

I vividly recall the several occasions when he teased me as a child and treated me like a toy. He bullied me, but he never truly touched me. Zion and Rome were seen as the problematic pair; they admitted to shoplifting, driving automobiles without a licence when they were just 14, and engaging in other unlawful activity, but they claimed it was done "for the rush and adrenaline of getting caught."

Our parents had to rescue them whenever the cops took them downtown.

I can't believe Rome is coming back after all these years; I'm not sure anyone is ready for his return. When Rome was 15 his parents believed he was too out of control for them to handle, so they sent him to a boarding school in England, the same school Zion came so close to attending.

"I've got to call Cynthia right away!" Mama jumped out of her seat and ran to her phone that was placed on the kitchen counter, Once she heard the line connect she turned into a crazy woman shouting into the phone,

"This is so exciting, Cyn!"

I even heard Auntie Cynthia on the other side of the line sounding happy as my mother is right now.

After a few minutes of laughter and yelling

"Oh my! Yes, yes we will be right there, See you soon Cyn." She ends the call and walks back to us with a huge grin.

"Get ready, we're going to The Hieros house for a welcome back dinner!" my stomach twists and turns, do I want to see him again?

Whatever, him coming back shouldn't even bother me. It's not like we ever interacted with each other, we barely interacted apart from the minor bullying and teasing he did.

Zion loves him like a brother no matter what they always had each other's backs, they used to fight with each other a lot, mainly because Rome messed with me.

When the boys were 17, Rome had come back for one day to visit his family and his best friend, The pair ended up getting into a massive fight which got physical between the two.

The reason is unknown to me and I still don't know how they ended up forgiving each other.

It's a mystery not only to me but to half of the city as well, the fight was public and it took multiple men to pull them apart.