S2 ⭒ Episode Six

"Shame, and I'm the one to blame..."
Shame • Summer Walker.

YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH BROWN LIPSTICK

Priscilla Wolfe

"Okay. You are the only person on the planet that I can trust and I brought you here because I know for a fact that you can keep a secret. So... what if, hypothetically, I were to fuck Halen."

Chucky tilts his head.

"I know!" I palm my cheeks, "But listen, if it's just once, even if it is technically outside of the realm of work, it's not that bad, right?"

He barks.

"But, it's not personal and it's not romantic. I'm not fucking him because I wanna be with him. So, is it really fraternizing in Fox's eyes if it's just... practice?"

He barks twice.

"I know February 1st is only a week and a half away, I know I'm being whorish, Chucky, but it's been a week already and I'm losing it! I mean, really, I'm insane, I'm talking to a dog." I exhale, "No offense."

He paws at my arm and I ruffle his fur and pull him closer, yanking him into my lap to rub his belly, "I don't want him to, but he has this weird control over me. Bates changed the way I do my job. In a way, he changed me and how I see sex and the porn industry. He's a brilliant, annoying, stupidly boring man. But, he's one man. And I've dealt with men like him all the time. I've never been nervous or afraid to speak to them or afraid to walk away. So, why is this different?"

I sigh, "I mean, this is the most attracted I've ever been to someone in my life. All the men I've gone on dates with have been so subpar. Is this what it's like to truly meet your match? And not love match, but sexual match? This is how... exciting it is? How intense it is? Or has it really just been too long since I've gotten laid?"

Chucky suddenly gets up and runs across the room to pick up his toy and squeak it in his mouth at me.

I huff and grab the rubber ball, "I know I'm boring you with this stuff. I know you wanna go out and..." My brains malfunctions as I stare at it, "Wait a minute. Go out. Maybe that's what I need to try. A one night stand. Another date, and with someone right this time. Someone who comes close."

At this point, I'm willing to try anything to get Halen out of my mind.

"Chuck, you're a genius! Muah." I kiss his head and stand up, and when I leave the filming corridor and come into the common room, I throw the ball across the kitchen. He bolts off.

I pace toward my bedroom and after doing exactly what Halen said, and ignoring him all day, I'm not surprised to find him inside, seemingly looking like he's waiting for me.

He's sitting on an armchair with his knee crossed over his opposing leg; the entirety of his torso disguised by his newspaper. He lowers it when I close the door and I abruptly stop when I see the unlit cigar between his lips and the tight white wife beater stretching over his chest. His hair is combed today. His facial hair is trimmed. He looks so neat. So good.

I hate it.

I keep walking.

"Good day to you too, Miss Wolfe."

I head straight for my wardrobe and I rummage through it for my short, black satin slip dress that I bought from a boutique in Paris last summer. "Aha..." I say lowly when I find it smothered between two of my gowns. I turn around and set it down onto the bed and then pick out a pair of black strappy heels to go with it.