S4 ⭒ Episode Nine

"Ain't no other love like the one I know..."
♪ Loyalty • Kendrick Lamar.

This is a long one. Grab some water and popcorn.

LOYALTY

Priscilla Wolfe

How do you tell someone that their boyfriend is the scum of the earth?

'Hey babe, adore you to bits, but your boyfriends a shit gargling gremlin, thought you should know.'

'Hey girl, not to make things awkward, but your lover is actually my mortal enemy!'

'Hey Cordelia, your man? He stinks!'

'Hey... run!'

I've been juggling with options for five minutes now and I'm still coming up empty. What am I supposed to say it without delving into a twenty minute long exposé about what Paul did to me and how specifically he shouldn't be anywhere near Cordelia and her precious baby.

The man is a walking lie.

How he got with someone as beautiful and seemingly sensible as Cordelia when he looks and acts like he huffs fucking piss? I don't know.

But, he has to be lying through his teeth to her about everything.

His neatly pressed suit just pushes the overcompensation. He's not this guy. He's not nice. He's not professional. He's not loving. He's not interesting or romantic. He's aggressive and hurtful. He's degrading and narcissistic. He's misogynistic and petty.

He's a dirtbag.

I couldn't forget him leaving me in the middle of that restaurant even if I tried.

I'm usually a put together person, but he looked like he was ready to flip the table and hurt me when he found out I was a Pornstar, and even being in the same room with him right now is making me remember all kinds of things that I'd really rather not.

For five minutes, I felt like tonight was going to be okay. Now, I'm stuck in this frozen zone of anxiety and discomfort and confusion.

The last thing I want to do is ruin Patrick's birthday, but I won't sit here and have dinner with him.

And I most certainly won't let another person be manipulated and tricked into thinking he's a good man worth their time.

Protecting women, especially from people like him is something I value more than anything in the world.

It's just, how? How do I say it?

And more importantly, when.

"Okay, the chicken is in the oven and the rice is uhm, it's almost done. I need the fresh ginger and the-- the coconut milk. Where is the coconut milk? Suraj? I just put it out. Where in the hell did you put the bloody coconut milk?"

"Helen, honey, I've been stirring the potatoes like you told me to, I don't know where the coconut milk is."

"Well then someone fucking moved it!"

"Uncle Batsy, look what Papa made me. It's a balloon animal butterfly."

"That is very beautiful, Petal. Go show mumma. Go on. Thank you. Mother, if you are going to wave your arms around that way, put the knife down. You're going to hurt someone."

"Halen, I can't put it down I'm using it. I need to... I need to um... oh great heavens, what was I doing? Oh! I need it to cut the raspberries for Priscilla's drink, so move out of my way and I can dice some--ow! Fuck, I just burned myself. What the hell is this pan doing here?"