S4 ⭒ Episode Six

*Instrumental*
Des Vagues Sur l'Eau • Million Eyes.

CAN YOU FEEL IT

Priscilla Wolfe

"What's your dads' name?"

"What is with you and asking the most peculiar questions while my tongue is in your mouth?"

"My bad." I snicker, aiding my interruption with one deep kiss that I hope satisfies him for a moment. He hums against me and when I pull back, I run my fingers through his hair and scratch gently against his scalp, "I just... I got to thinking about what I should expect tomorrow with your family and what they're gonna be like. I'm so curious."

"When I warn someone about my parents they seldom believe me, which has created an element of surprise that is really amusing. So, I'm not going to spoil you, but I will tell you that my mother's name is Helen, my father's name is Patrick, my step-father's name is Suraj, and we all couldn't be any more different than we are."

"Huh. And... even though your parents are divorced, they still live together?"

"They have an arrangement of sorts. My mother has said more than once that she gets the best of both worlds. So, let's just say there's no bad blood even though my father and her are divorced-"

"Oh, yuck!" Shivers of disgust worm through me and I cackle through my cringing, throwing my head back, "She said that to you? Goodness sakes. If my mom said that to me. Fuck, I can't even imagine it. How is your relationship just like that?"

"It wasn't always that way. But, with age things change. Sex and things as such aren't taboo in my family. They never have been, and they cannot be. Not when your parents have a son that's a famous Pornstar."

"You're so humble, it's unbelievable." I tease.

"Be quiet."

I snicker and lean forward to kiss him again. He pulls me through the sea of blankets and sheets on my bed where we've been tossing, and turning, and talking for hours now, and holds me snug to him. It's quiet. Everyone in the manor is in their rooms or asleep, including Chucky who's snoring with his stuffies in his dog bed by the balcony, and Snake, who had a nice meaty mouse dinner once we left paradise.

We fall back and lay down together, and he pulls my thigh over his hip, stroking my skin as our lips lock. He hums like he remembers something, and I take that as a cue to break. He reaches over onto the bedside table on his side and picks up something small.

"What's that?"

He rolls onto his back and holds it up, letting the moonlight from the window reflect off of it, "It's a wax seal," He softly sighs, "It fell out of Alanis's pocket earlier."

"Fell out of her pocket? And you kept it?"
"Yes. Because I have seen it before. I just,"
He furrows his brows, "I can't quite remember it exactly."

"I thought you had really good memory."

"I do. And I can see it when I close my eyes." He does so, and the veins in his lids twitch as his eyes slide back and forth, "I can picture it perfectly on the desk I used to have in the sitting room by the window.
This same seal design, it's pressed into a black envelope, and... the seam, its torn open. But.." His eyes flutter back open, "It is the when that's troubling me. I can't associate it with another memory. Everything outside of that one perfect mental picture, it's blurry. That has never happened to me before. I can remember everything."

"Well, don't beat yourself up about it," I frown, cupping his face and angling it toward me, "It's okay. It's just a little seal, and it's a common design too, you could've seen it anywhere at anytime. Why are you stuck on it?"