Chapter 38 ~𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎~

☆☆☆

That night I hardly got any sleep, my guilt-filled tears kept me up. The worry of the managers hearing me also held me awake.

The next morning the managers woke me up which I was happy about but also annoyed at since I am not a morning person... but I asked for it.

My eyes were all red and puffy and my hair a mess from my tossing and turning. My phone gave me migraines as I basically spent the whole night texting Oikawa and re-reading his text "Don't speak to me". I looked back to a week ago when he was the one spamming me and all I wanted was for him to stop. And now here I was doing the exact same thing, I knew he probably wanted to be left alone but my conscious couldn't handle that.

I'm so selfish

I zoned out while making breakfast with the other managers, I felt so out of place with them and it wasn't even their fault.

Why did I agree to come to this?
Why am I finding it so hard to fit in with them?
I'm being so... weird

As they were all laughing and joking a bowl slipped out of my hand and smashed all over the ground. I apologised over and over again as I picked up the glass harshly with blurry eyes, trying to fix the mess I had created on the ground quickly. The other managers said it was ok and that I shouldn't touch the glass but that didn't stop me. It was like when that bowl dropped anything that was keeping my composure also broke.

How could I be so careless?
I always break things

I didn't even realise I had a cut on my hand until Kiyoko grabbed my wrist roughly and pulled me away from the glass "Y/n stop" she said as she looked down at me seriously. I looked up at her in shock, I was frozen. Silence filled the room as blood leaked down my hand

I stood up slowly and Kiyoko still had a strong grasp on my wrist.

"I'm sorry" I said for the millionth time but this time it was filled with sadness instead of panic and worry

I looked down shamefully at the broken glass, my blood slowly dripped on it and the sight of my own blood made me sick. Kiyoko let go of my wrist as she lightly grabbed my hand to look at the cut, being careful to not get blood on her

"Stop apologising. It was an accident" she scolded and I slowly nodded my head

"I'll clean it up," I said as I took my hand from hers and went to grab a broom

"It's ok, we got it" one manager said "You go put a bandaid on" another one said. Both of them had kind smiles on their faces, it made me sad that I felt so awkward around them.

I gave a small nod and walked out of the kitchen quietly as all of the managers stared at me, sympathy and worry filling their stares.

I was glad all the teams were still asleep because it would have been even more humiliating for everyone to see me this way.