She-Wolf Meets the Golden Lion

None of us spoke as I led them upstairs to their chambers only to remind them that they should be on their best behavior while the King and his court are at Winterfell. Sansa briefly glanced at Arya with an annoyed look before nodding that she would behave before entering her chambers as Arya huffed. "I was simply curious on why the...," nodding that I understood, I led her to her room and kissed the top of her head. "I am sure we will see Lord Tyrion Lannister at the feast tonight along with Uncle Benjen." Pulling back, I watched Arya's darker blue eyes light up as she asked, "Uncle Benjen is coming from the Wall?" I nodded yes as I said, "I believe so. Father mentioned it the other day, but it will take him some time to get from the Wall. Until then, I want you to behave and leave Sansa alone no matter what she or Jenye says." With a nod, she hugged me and went into her room.

I sighed only to hear, "interesting. I thought the notion of a caring older sister was a myth." I slowly turned to find Jaime Lannister standing behind me, still wearing his Kingsguard armor, smirking down at me. "I am happy I could show you that such a thing exists." I watched him stroll toward me, resting his hand on the pommel of his sword as I said, "but unfortunately, I must excuse myself because I have some matters to attend to, Ser." Pivoting away, I continued down the corridor only to feel his armored hand take hold of my arm as he asked, "are you not curious as to why I am here?" Taking another deep breath, I glanced at his hand before looking up, saying, "I assume you are here to guard the King, considering you are a member of the Kingsguard." His smirk of a smile increased until I said, "as to why you are wandering the corridors of my family's wing, I can only assume you got lost on the way to your temporary chambers." Pulling my arm out of his hold, I offered him an overly pleasant smile as someone walked down the corridor toward us. "If you would like, I can find someone with the patience and time to escort you back to your chambers." He stepped toward me, saying, "what if I want you to be my guide?"

Arching an eyebrow, I tilted my head to the right only to notice that his armor had no scratch on it while I said, "sadly, I cannot be your guide Ser." Only to hear him say, "and why is that?" Returning my attention to him, I sharply said, "because if I should remain in your presence for a moment longer, I fear that I will try to scratch that pretty armor of yours with your dagger." I briefly glanced down before looking up at him as I allowed the tip of his dagger to brush against the curve of his right leg. "How did you...?" Smirking a little, I inched closer to him, saying, "I have two older brothers that thought it was beneficial that I learn to defend myself against any men that wished to take advantage of me. It's not difficult to remove a dagger from a man's sword belt when his attention is otherwise occupied." I watched as he raised his eyebrow a little. "I wonder what other things your brothers had taught you." Unamused, I allowed the tip of the dagger to settle against the curve of his leg. "I would not say what you are thinking, Ser." Still, he glanced down and, with an amused smile, asked, "and why is that Lady Ilyanna?" Inching the blade closer, I uttered, "because Ser I may just decide to let my hand slip to the right. You may not like what you will lose in the process."

Neither of us glanced away until he took a step back. Relieved, I raised the blade ignoring his heated gaze. "Do you greet all guests like this?" Annoyed, I adjusted my hold on the hilt of his dagger. "Do you roam the corridors of another's home without leave?" "I was tasked to ensure the royal family would be safe." Rolling my eyes, I uttered, "no one in Winterfell would harm the royal family for fear of my Father." He chuckled and moved to step toward me. Reacting, I swiftly placed the blade of the dagger beneath his chin before saying, "you're a poor knight if you allow a pretty face to get in to close."

Laughing, he leaned into the blade as it brushed against his tan skin. "Do you think I fear you, little wolf?" Enraged, I applied pressure against the blade to allow the edge to nick him. "I think you are full of yourself. Foolhardily, overconfident, and bullhead. As my Father said, I can see that it's not young ladies you fear." He grabbed my wrist and forced me to apply more pressure to the dagger. "Then what do I fear?" Breathing out, I felt his blood drip down the blade's hilt and onto my hand. "You are afraid to live."