Wolves Hosting Lions and Stags

When I woke the following morning, I quickly dressed in a simple gown of green with blue and gray detailing. Once clothed, I sat down at my vanity so Sanira could swiftly create a waterfall braid on either side of my head, only to braid the two ends into a single braid that laid against my loose hair flowing over my shoulders. Thanking her with a smile, I stood, and with Shadow beside me, we left my chambers to break the first meal of the day with our family in the Great Hall. Entering the room, I was surprised to find everyone, except for Sansa, in a somber mood. Curious, I walked over to my parents and kissed both on the cheeks before doing the same to Uncle Benjen, who offered me an understanding look as I walked around the table only to take my seat across from Robb. Once seated, I reached out to gather something to eat when Father softly said, "I have agreed to the King's request." Surprised, I found myself glancing at Robb, who was refusing to look at me, before turning my attention to Jon to see flecks of violet dancing across his brown eyes as Sansa asked, "does that mean I will marry Prince Joffrey and be Queen?" Lowering my hand, I watched Father glance at her from the corner of my eye only to nod as she offered him a bright smile before standing and running around the table to hug him as she said, "thank you, Father." Returning her embrace, he offered her a small smile as I softly asked, "what will become of Arya and me when you go South with the King" only to glance up to find Sansa offering me a confused look until we heard, "Arya and you will come South as well." Everyone was silent until Sansa began to complain about Arya ruining everything. As Arya complained about leaving home as I sat there for a moment before hearing, "it's not fair!" Blinking, I glanced up to find Sansa and Arya pouting as Mother tried to calm both while I asked, "when will we leave Winterfell?" With a deep breath, I watched Father nod his thanks while Robb and Jon shared a glance before returning to their meals as I did the same.

We silently ate the remainder of our morning meal until Father and Mother excused us so we could begin our lessons. I followed Sansa and Arya to our studies as I forced myself not to think about Father's decision to agree to be King Robert's Hand. Breathing deeply, I turned a corner only to find Septa waiting for me as Sansa and Arya walked into our classroom. I moved to follow them, only to have Septa step before me. I arched an eyebrow in curiosity before asking, "is something wrong, Septa?" She stared at me momentarily before saying, "your mother, Lady Stark, has asked that you be relieved of your lessons while the King is at Winterfell." I blinked, surprised, before nodding as I softly said, "of course, thank you, Septa." With a nod, she walked into the classroom as I turned around and returned the way I came to find my Mother to see if she had anything for me to do.

While searching for her, I exited the Great House to find several of our men, Robb, Uncle Benjen, and Father, sitting upon their horses along with the King, his men, and Tyrion Lannister. Quickly stepping out of the way, I moved to head over inside when I heard, "Ilyanna?" Turning toward the voice, I offered a smile to Jon as he walked over, holding onto his horse's reins as I asked, "what is going on?" He took a deep breath before saying, "the King wishes to go on a hunt." I nodded before taking hold of his free hand and asking, "are all of you going?" He nodded yes with a squeeze of my hand while my cheeks flushed pink. Glancing at the ground, I softly whispered, "will you promise me that you will be safe?" Looking up, I found him staring at me until we heard, "Ilyanna, what are you doing here?" We turned our heads to see Father, sitting upon his white horse, staring down at us. "I was looking for Mother. It seems she advised Septa Mordane that I would not attend lessons while the King was here, and I was curious why." He nodded as Jon released my hand while I said, "Jon said that you will be hunting with the King." He nodded yes as I asked, "would you bring a rabbit back for me so we can have rabbit stew for supper?" With a smile, he nodded yes, leaned down, and placed his hand against my cheek before saying, "anything for you, my darling girl." Smiling, I kissed the inside of his palm and moved to step back while saying, "thank you, Papa. I'll pray to the Old Gods that you will have a successful hunt." Someone said, "with your father agreeing to wed your sister to my son, I wonder if you could convince him to agree to a union between my younger brother and yourself." I turned my head to find King Robert sitting on his horse. Offering a forced smile, I softly said, "it would be difficult to convince him of anything, considering how much time has passed since he has seen your younger brother, your Grace." He laughed before saying, "whomever you marry, Lady Ilyanna, I am sure that they will not be without a smile or a laugh from you." With a nod, I quickly curtsied before heading across the courtyard toward the Godswood, only to catch Jon's eye while ignoring the looks of Theon Greyjoy and Tyrion Lannister as I passed them by while Shadow chased after me.