9. Confide In Me (Pt I)

Daniel

I decided to take Saphira to the graveyard and show my brother where he was resting. He served as a marine and passed away, it was one of the moments that was my darkest moment. We were close to each other and losing him made me hit rock bottom.

"Where are we Daniel?" Saphira asked me while she crouched down and touched my brother's tomb.

"This is my brother Thomas' tomb, he was an army veteran and he passed away. He was my older brother, someone I admired and looked up to." I said while the lilac haired woman looked at me.

"I'm so sorry about your loss Daniel." Saphira said while touching my shoulder, I showed her the dog tags that were left for me.

"He left these for me, Thomas encouraged me to follow my dreams and he had left me a couple thousand euros in order for me to follow my dream." I said to her and she nodded.

"Well I'm sure he's looking down at you and so proud of you, you're amazing. I'm proud of you." Saphira said while crouching down touching the tombstone.

"Yes I think so too." I said with a small smile, feeling a little tear streaming down my face. Saphira took my hand and smiled up at me.

"Shall we clean up his tomb area? Put in new fresh flowers?" She asked me and I nodded. We cleared up the weeds and things and threw them out.

Saphira gently got on her knees and replaced the wilted flowers with fresh ones. She was so tender and it made me happy to see the woman I was slowly falling in love with being so tender.

We had cleaned Thomas' resting place and we decided to head back to my Dodge Durango while we both climbed in.

"So do you want to get something to eat?" I asked Saphira and she nodded.

"It would be a good idea, I think, I have to go to Noah's house and hand in the plans." Saphira said with a sigh, I could see she was unhappy with handling his home.

We pulled into a fast food place and did something, while I dropped her off at the office.

"I'll go and take care of Pumpkin and Odin." I said to her and she nodded with a smile.

"Thank you babe." Saphira said while she leaned over and gave me a kiss, and I dropped her off. I drove toward our homes, I had Saphira's house key and decided to check on Pumpkin.

"Oh also once you're done, we should go out to my lake house. We can spend the weekend there." I suggested and she nodded.

"Of course that sounds fine with me." Saphira said while I pulled over to the building she was working in. I got out of the car and watched her climb out and sling her bag over her shoulder. I leant against the driver's side and Saphira walked up to me and placed her lips against mine in a sweet kiss.

"Goodbye darling I shall miss you." I said with a smile while cupping her cheek. Her green eyes looked up into my dark eyes and we smiled at each other.

"Don't worry I won't be too long." Saphira said with a smile. Saphira walked away and I sighed with a smile on my face. She has given me the key to her home and decided to check on the little Pumpkin.

I got into the car and drove off toward our homes. I pulled up in front of Saphira's home and unlocked the door and checked on Pumpkin. I was very slow when I opened the door so I wouldn't startle Pumpkin so she wouldn't run outside.

"Hey you little orange fluffy thing, you're the one who makes my Saphira smile huh?" I question the little orange tabby cat.

Pumpkin meowed in response, I decided to carry little Pumpkin downstairs to her kitchen area and placed her down gently and took her to drink some water and eat some of her cat food.

I pet the orange tabby cat gently, it seemed that she enjoyed the attention it seemed. I decided to check on Odin as well.

I made sure the kitchen door was closed and quickly jumped over the fence and headed toward my back door and I saw Odin waiting for me.
"Hello boy, let's get you over to the house huh? I've got someone you need to meet, perhaps you can be an older brother." I said to my black feline, while we walked toward Saphira's home and Pumpkin was laying down on the cat tree. While Pumpkin jumped down and she approached Odin.

Saphira

I walked inside and remembered that I called Daniel babe, I felt a smile on my face while I headed inside and worked on the blueprint that I was drafting up for Noah's house. I was dreading going over to his place, but it was going to be something that would need to be done. The past was haunting especially when I had his engagement ring, I think I need to pawn it or get rid of it.

"Hey girl, why are you here? You know it is a Saturday right?" Yelena said to me while she sat down on a stool and we glanced at each other, while I finished up the sketches.

"Just need to finalize the sketches and I especially have to see him next Saturday." I said while glancing at her, and she nodded with a smile. I texted Daniel that I was finishing up work while Yelena and I chatted.

"God I need to get laid so badly, there's this majorly hot girl at the gym but not sure how to approach her." Yelena said while running her hand through her black short hair.

"Well you should speak to her, she's going to be crazy to reject you. Hell I'd fuck you." I said to Yelena, winking at her.

"Ooh yes. It would be the best night of your life." Yelena said with a wink, we always hit on each other. Yelena was bisexual, she had dated men but she mostly enjoyed being with women. We heard the door of the office open up.

I saw Daniel walk in, while I rushed over to him and gave him a kiss.

"Hot damn girl he's sexy! You scored big. Much better than Noah." Yelena said while introducing herself to Daniel.

"Glad to hear that." Daniel said with a smile.

"Don't you hurt her! Otherwise you're dead!" Yelena warns and Daniel nods.

"Yes, don't worry I won't hurt her." Daniel said with a firm nod. Yelena was going to lock up, I put the sketches back on my desk and grabbed my handbag.

"Are you ready baby?" Daniel asked me and I nodded, while he extended his huge hand to me and I took it.

Daniel was laying in bed cuddled up with Odin and Pumpkin, while I climbed into my bed.
"Let's get some sleep, we've had a long day." I said with a smile.

"Goodnight baby girl." Daniel said with a smile while he placed a kiss on my lips and I deepened the kiss. I knew I felt safe with him.