CHAPTER: X

ATHENA AVELLINO'S POV

"Admit it, bratsje. Nag-aalala ka na sakin."

I got confused. What the fuck did this kid call me? brat— what?? She keeps speaking in different languages that I can't even figure out what language she is using.

And the nerve of this kid! Ugh! I don't even know why I decided to treat her wound. It's not my fault she was carelessly punching some student. I mean the guy was barely recognizable!

"Shut up, Valentino! You're getting in my nerves!" I was stunned when she suddenly patted my head like im some sort of child to her.

Then I saw her smile, a genuine one. I don't know why I felt my heart melted at the moment. I quickly shook of the feeling and slapped her hand away. "How dare you touch me?" I hissed at her.

"Thank you," Once again I felt surprised. She looks so calm and gentle. Nothing like how she was when I saw her almost beating the shit out of that guy earlier. Nothing like how she was probably cursing that Mr. Mendez in another language.

I admit, I was almost too scared to come near her and confront her from what she was doing earlier but I needed to be responsible especially that I am a professor.

"— I appreciate this little cutie here." She grinned and pointed at the dog band-aid I used on her. I felt my cheeks going warm. I glared at her and turned my back because, for sure, she won't shut up about my reaction.

"You're pissing me off, Valentino! Get out!" I hissed while still not facing her. I heard her laugh. "Eto na, pinapalayas agad 'eh." I heard my door creak so I immediately turned around and saw her smilling at me while exiting.

"Bye wanna be barbie!" Rinig kong sigaw neto pagkalabas niya. What is with her calling me barbie?! Mukha ba akong plastic doll sa kaniya?! Just because I like pink doesn't mean im a 'wanna be' barbie!

I sat down in my chair and massaged my temples. It seems like everytime I come near that kid my head hurts. She really know how to piss me off.

I grabbed my phone when I heard a notification pop up. I rolled my eyes after finding out who it was. It was the guy who was has been bugging me for months, Marshall. One of the professor's in our department.

I decided to ignore his message but he called after a few minutes. I groaned as I picked it up, not wanting to be rude. "Yes, Mr. Javier?"

"Athena! Kamusta?" I heard his annoyingly sweet voice. I rolled my eyes again since he can't see. "Do you have something to say, sir?" I asked, trying to be formal.

I heard him laugh through the phone. "I was actually hoping to ask you out, dinner tayo."

And there it is, he ask the same question everyday without a miss. And it's not like my answers varies. I always reject his offer yet he still doesn't know when to stop. He isn't even my type of guy. I'm pretty sure i've expressed that one too many times.

"Look, Mr. Javier, I have other things to do." I sighed while I massage my temple. If that kid knows how to push my buttons, well this man certainly do it better.

"Okay lang, Athena! yayain na lang kita sa susunod." Sana wala nang susunod pa. Can't he just take the hint and leave me alone already? God.

Without a word, I ended the call and threw my phone in the couch. I still have classes to attain to and yet i'm already this stress. Can life give me a break?

I remember my next class will be with Ms. Cortez, and for sure, that kid will also be there. Like she does for a couple days already.

I don't understand why she has to attend my class when my subject has absolutely no connection to her chosen course whatsoever. Is it just to pass time or what? or is she serious when she said she really is there just to annoy me. Because if it is, then it's working damn well.