Chapter 3: Ibuki vs. Horikita and Interlude

(AN: I got Ibuki and Y2V6. Class C keeps getting picked.)

"Here's the third and final video for today's session." Mashima announced.

"Hey hey, Horikita! It's game time!"

Immediately after the assembly was disbanded and were free to go, it was Ibuki-san who came running up to me at full speed.

Finally, not from my perspective.

"It's... my thought?" Horikita said with a shocked voice.

"Wow, and here I thought I and Ayanokouji were the only friends from our classes. I didn't know you were so close to Suzune."

"Shut your mouth, Ryuen!"

"I'm not her friend!"

Ibuki and Horikita retorted.

"Wait a minute," shouted Karuizawa. "Her hair is short!"

"Oh my, you're right?" Matsushita couldn't hide her surprise.

I glanced at my neighbor and found her also completely flabbergast.

'Why?' Horikita's mind was in mud.

"Cute." Sudou murmured.

I had to agree with Sudo. For several months we had known each other, I was already used to her image with long hair, but this wasn't bad either. I would even say she looked brighter with short hair.

She was breathless and glaring at me, as usual.

"Are you an idiot?"

"Huh! What is this all of a sudden? Are you afraid you're gonna lose? Is that what you mean?"

"No..." I immediately denied it so she would stop freaking out unnecessarily. "What is the competition you are going to do now? Catch your breath and then answer."

"The 100-meter run, of course. I made a deal with you, and I won't forget it."

"Yes, the 100 meter run. We both entered in the first race. That was the deal. That means I'll be running right after this. If you know we're going to race, why would you use up your energy now? Shouldn't you wait in the line for me to come?"

"Oh shit..." I guess she understood the stupidity in her actions. "Whatever, it's game time, let's go!"

"Rest assured. You don't need to tell me to go."

"So, I and Ibuki will have a physical contest against each other. I wonder if it's the sport festival that usually occurs around October."

"Who knows?"

"I know you're an airhead, but don't just walk to your loss like that, Ibuki." Ryuen ridiculed.

"I won't lose."

"We'll see."

Ibuki-san is not an easy opponent. Last year, she won the 100-meter run by a narrow margin. If it were possible, I would avoid competing with her, but I am greatly indebted to her. If not for Ibuki-san's help, Kushida-san might not have come to school yet. Even then, I can't lose to her. I know she doesn't want that either, so I'm going to compete with her and win fair and square.

"What?"

"Kikyo-chan?!"

"Kushida-chan?"

Class D made an uproar upon hearing "Kushida might not have come to school."

'Me? Not coming to school?'

Kushida flinched for a moment.

"I-I guess I'll get a cold or something. I'm sorry about that, everyone."