Chapter 7: Interlude 2

In my room, all students in Class D, except for one, had presented.

This meeting was the same as yesterday. It was to interrogate a classmate.

However, this time, it was someone else.

Kushida Kikyo. The angel of Class D.

She sat on a chair next to my bed like a broken doll. She stared down at the floor and didn't seem to care about my classmates' intense gazes.

In front of her were Hirata, Karuizawa, and their friends.

I sat on my bed with Horikita next to me, and Sudo stood right beside her.

Koenji walked out of the room immediately after seeing Class D crowded the room.

"So?" Shinohara questioned Kushida.

Despite that, the girl didn't bother to react to her.

"Kushida!"

Still nothing.

"K-Kikyo-chan?" Mii-chan stammered.

This time, she raised her head and stared at her close friend.

"What?" Her voice was as cold as winter nights.

"I, we, no, d-do you want to share anything with us?" Inogashira asked.

"What's else to share? You all saw it."

Her closest friends were taken aback. The aggressive girls in our class were about to push further, but Hirata interjected.

"I just have one question for you, Kushida-san."

Kushida looked at him listlessly.

"Did you want to expel Ayanokouji and Horikita?"

I can't let this escalate further. Kushida still has some uses.

"I think she did." I said.

Everyone turned to look at me, including Kushida. She might think I betrayed her, so I needed to make it quick.

"However, because of some events in the past, I and Kushida had come to terms with each other. After that, she no longer targets me and Horikita."

"Then what about the event in the video?" Shinohara exclaimed.

"I don't know what happened in the video, but there must be some minor changes in that timeline. Even a small change, such as my successfully convincing Kushida, can lead to a different outcome. After all, they claim it's to be 99% correct, but we ourselves should be suspicious about that number as we don't know what miscalculation could happen in the process."

I stopped for a bit before giving them a conclusion.

"Putting all our trust in such an ambiguous machine created by humans is naive, in my opinion. So, we should watch these videos with a grain of salt."

"I see." Hirata seemed to be more relaxed with my explanation as he let out a big sigh.

"Ano, about the secrets." Mori spoke softly.

"Oh yeah, the secrets." Karuizawa clapped her hands.

"I mean, if you want to use my secret as a weapon, I don't mind that. But please let us know what you want to do with them beforehand." Ijuin gave his opinion.

"I will. But to be honest, I doubt you would share any with us after this." I remarked.

"Well, you're... not wrong." Maezono scratched her cheek.

I noted Kushida clenched her fist a bit before returning to normal. I wondered if secrets about our classmates were that important to her.

Also, the boys hadn't said much since they got here. Was it because they were too shocked to say anything as the image of their dreamy crush was shattered?