Chapter 4: Rumors

(AN: At first, I got Y1V1 and Ishizaki/Ryuen's class again, but there's no important event happen, so I did it again. This time I got Y1V9 and Kushida.)

This morning, I had breakfast with Hirata's and Karuizawa's groups. We simply chatted about minor, useless stuff. The girls hesitated to talk to me, but after a few exchanges, we could now talk with each other normally.

Hirata was happy at the sight, while Karuizawa glanced at me a few times.

"I didn't expect Ayanokouji-kun to be so easy to talk to." Ishikura remarked.

"I know, right? And I thought you were scary." Maezono agreed.

"It's because he's gloomy all the time." Karuizawa said.

"Karuizawa," Hirata scolded her.

What a lovely couple. As a normal high school boy, I'm jealous.

I took my phone out and looked at the screen.

"Sorry, but I had somewhere to go."

"Eh?" cried Sonoda.

"I see, then we won't hold you here longer. I know you have important business to do, Ayanokouji-kun." Hirata said with an understanding smile.

"You should join us next time, too." Maezono said.

"I enjoy talking with you, so I will if I can."

"Ok."

"See ya."

"Bye bye, Ayanokouji-kun."

They waved at me as I left.

I walked to an empty space on the deck while looking around.

Seeing no one present, I put my hands on the fence and stared at the beautiful sky and sea. No matter how many times I saw it, the view was astonishing.

I wish this could go on forever.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" The one I'd been waiting for finally showed up.

"Indeed."

"The sight always calms me down." The girl said.

"I see."

We were quietly sight-seeing together.

After a few minutes, I decided to speak.

"So, what do you want, calling me this early, Kushida?"

"Can't I call a friend of mine because I miss him?" Kushida pouted.

Friend, huh? I wonder what it feels like.

Is Kushida my friend? I don't think so. What about Horikita? I don't know.

Before this school, I'd never needed something like friends. I thought I could make some if I went to this school, but it's proved to be just a dream.

I wonder if I can really make friends in the future. I hope the me in the future can do it.

"Just kidding." Kushida smiled while using her right hand to slightly knock one side of her head.

"So?"

"You see, all these videos are quite problematic, right?"

"You're right. I still can't get over the fact that I was chosen as the lab rat for this experiment."

"Hehehe. But everyone now endorses you as the Class D leader. It must feel nice."

"Is it?"

"Un." Kushida had her usual smile, but her innocent eyes were mixed with some dark emotions behind them.