Chapter 10: A Sunday Date with Ichinose

(I got MC, which was Ayanokouji Kiyotaka and Y2V9. So I can pick one from most stories in that volume. And I'll go with the most interesting character in that volume, Ichinose.)

"Ayanokōji-kun, you haven't been to the gym before, have you?"

"Yeah. I've never been in one."

"Ayanokouji-san and Ichinose-san?!"

Everybody quickly got hooked as both the people on screen are important figures in their year.

And to think that I was invisible not too long ago...

I sighed.

"Then it's a good thing."

"I'm surprised that you've been going to the gym. How long has it been?"

"I did a free trial in the middle of September and became a full member at the beginning of October, I think."

"So you've been going to the gym for more than two months now. I had no idea. Did you start by yourself? I'm not great at being involved in these places..."

I guess I wouldn't mind it if I joined and started going, but the first time or two would be a hurdle.

"Me too. That's why I started with my friends... because if I'm not brave enough alone, I can be pretty bold with two people. You're going to work out with me today, right?"

I nodded my head and let Ichinose lead me into the facility.

"No way! A date with Ichinose?!"

"Wait a minute. No one would have a date in a gym, right?"

"So, the leaders of the two classes meet," remarked Kaneda. "This must be important."

"You're so boring, Kaneda-kun." Nishino made fun of him.

Kaneda wasn't happy with that, but he didn't want to waste time arguing with her.

'Only Ishizaki would waste energy with her all the time.'

Ichinose greeted a friendly female staff member who was standing at the reception desk and presented her student ID card. She explained to her what we were doing while I stood behind her.

"Do you have your student ID card?"

"Yeah"

Apparently, if you present your student ID card, you can easily get a free trial without having to fill out any forms.

"See you in a bit, Ayanokōji-kun. You'll have to let the staff explain it to you from here."

After that, it was just me and a male trainer on screen doing stuff.

A lot of students watched it with bored expressions.

I, too, found this a meaningless scene.

However, I was soon hit with a sudden attack by none other than myself.

However, I was familiar with the training equipment itself, so I felt comfortable with it.

When I was in the White Room, we had all the latest equipment for physical training. Even if the make and year of the equipment are a little different, they all seemed safe to use. Surprisingly, while I was having these thoughts, members of the gym started to enter one after another.

"The what now?"

"Wai-to? Wai-to ru-mu?"

"What's that?"