Chapter 5: Kanzaki's Desperate Effort

(AN: So this time I got Y2V5 and Arisu's class, but like, literally nothing happened in that class. So I made another spin, and it was close between Kanzaki/Himeno and Ibuki, so I decided to pick the Kanzaki scene.)

[QUESTION FIVE:]

Gain 100 class points in exchange for one classmate being expelled.
(If the vote is unanimously in favor, identify the student who will be expelled and vote for him/her.)

[Choices:]
Favor
Against

"What the hell?!"

"Kukuku."

"Is this a special exam?"

"Ehto? What does 'unanimously' mean?" Karuizawa asked her friends.

"It means all the students have to vote for one option to proceed." Matsushita answered.

"So, even if one person votes differently, it won't count?" Sato pressed her index finger into her cheek.

"Yeah."

The students were anxious about this exam, but because there was a way out, they quickly calmed down.

Ichinose and her friends, who had reached the last question early, finished the first vote and were waiting for the result. There was no sign of anxiety or agitation.

"Oh, so this is in our class," Mako said.

"This is horrible. Obviously, we won't expel one of our friends." Ichinose puffed her chest.

"Yeah."

"That's right."

All of Class B, including Kanzaki, nodded in agreement.

"They are quite optimistic." Sakayanagi chuckled.

'These morons.' Ryuen glanced at Class B with disgust.

Except for one person.

"Eh?!" Some students in Class B squealed.

"Finally, someone with a brain." Ryuen grinned.

Kanzaki prayed as he looked at the 39 people who had already voted, excluding himself. He strongly hoped that the results of the vote would turn out to be a bit of a split vote.

The students could see the Kanzaki on screen was not in his peace of mind.

"Eh? Kanzaki-kun?!"

"Kanzaki-san?"

Class B was taken aback by the name that was mentioned in the video, especially Kanzaki himself. This is due to the fact that Kanzaki was the second-in-command of Class B.

"Well then, I'll announce the results."

Hoshinomiya operated her tablet while showing a somewhat disappointed look. The results that were displayed while everyone was watching were...

[Results of the first round of voting:]
1 in favor
39 against

"Who's voting in favor?" Shibata frowned.

Other students, like Hamaguchi and Ichinose, looked at Kanzaki hesitantly. Kanzaki looked bewildered. 'What's going on here?'

"Kukuku. Are we looking at a coup d'etat?" Ryuen laughed. "And from the friendship class too."

"It seems like Class B will have their own problems in the future too." Horikita remarked.

Indeed. Class B is a strong class under Ichinose's leadership thanks to their unity. But their biggest strength might also be their biggest weakness.