Rescues

Rosie didn't like to leave the bakery, but whenever Tuesday's and Wednesdays came around, she had to get to her campus. She didn't like her campus much either, granted the roses that grew in the garden-like area around it where lovely, and the University itself had a beautiful olden-style aesthetic, it was more the amount of people that went there that she didn't much like. A lot of them where young men that where constantly harassing female students and that scared Rosie a lot.

So when Tuesday came, she tried to walk as quickly as she could once she had arrived.

It was a fairly well known University in Sheffield. Lots of people went there and Rosie had been lucky enough to receive a part-scholarship to the course that she was studying. The rest she did still have to pay for, something that her part time job at the bakery barely covered, but she always found a way to get by.

Her course was nearing its end and soon she would be a fully qualified baker. After that, her current plan was to hope that the bakery might allow her to work full time as one of their head patisserie chefs, if that didn't work out in the end, she'd have to apply elsewhere to cover the extra hours she would need and perhaps someday she might even open up her own cafe.

With just two trimesters left, Rosie was scrambling. What with the study load itself, the homework she had that costed a lot of money to get the materials for as it was almost always to bake something at home and present it in class the next day, and her job, she was exhausted to say the least. So when she walked a little too quickly to realise that someone was walking up to her and bumped right into them, you couldn't really blame her for it.

"Oh my goodness I'm so sorry, did I hurt you?" She asked as the man quickly rightened himself and glared at her.

"You should look where your going dumbass." He commented, but after a moment of raking his eyes up and down her body, his glare turned into a sly smirk. The kind of smirk that sent chills of fear down Rosie's spine.

"But I can think of a way that you can make it up to me sweet cheeks, why don't you come back to my flat?"

"I... I'm sorry but I have classes that I really must get too. Perhaps some other time."

Rosie stuttered out as, sensing the danger of the situation she'd found herself in, she attempted to walk away. But when someone grabbed her arm and forced her to look back, she began to struggle to breath as her body started the beginning sensations of a full-blown panic attack.

"P-Please let me go." She stuttered as the intensity of the situation grew.

"Cmon sweet cheeks don't be like that, if you come home with me Ill show you a good time I promise."

Rosie started to hyperventilate as she tried to wrench her arm away from his grip, but he was far too strong and she knew exactly what was about to happen if she didn't get away.

"P-Please I..." Rosie began to say, but before she could even finish her sentence, a multitude of things happened all at once.

First, someone dressed in all black swooped into the scene so fast that Rosie could barely see them. Second, that person then forcefully wrenched the boys hand away from Rosie's arm and punched him square in the face, and third, Rosie fell to the ground from the impact.

It had all happened so fast that it was a bit of a blur, and Rosie was still so panicked that she could barely see what happened next through her tears.

But if she had been able to see and know what exactly was going on, she would have seen the woman she had briefly met in the bakery the other day, beating the men up until they ran away crying for their mummies.

She would have seen the woman than, yelling after them and warning them to never touch Rosie without her permission again, and she would have seen her walking up to her shaking form, and kneeling in front of her on the ground.

"Hey, Rosie, are you alright?" She asked.

But Rosie could barley hear her through her panic as she struggled to catch her breath and nod.

"You really don't seam it." The voice came again, this time, full of concern.

After a few more steadying breaths, Rosie finally looked up to find the woman from the bakery looking at her with real concern in her eyes.

"I..." Rosie started.

"Thank you for saving m-me." She finally managed.

"Of course, I wasn't about to let him take you." She said and at the look of shock and fear on Rosie's face, she quickly added.

"But he didn't, I'd never let that happen." She tried to reassure her. Rosie gingerly nodded as she attempted to get up, the woman helping her to her feet, but just as soon as she was on them again, she wobbled on the spot.

"Woah, hey there I got you." The woman said as she steadied her and allowed her to lean on her chest.

"Hey, why don't we get you some place safe and warm?" She asked as Rosie tried to pull back and shake her head. She'd obviously troubled the poor woman enough, she certainly didn't want to cause her even more pain or annoyance.

"I-I'm fine, thank you." She managed but just as soon as she'd said it, she felt the world around her begin to move as she placed one of her sweater-pawed hands on her head.

Just as her eyes slid back and her body went limp, the last thing she heard was someone gasping before she succumbed to the darkness that beckoned her.