Plushies

Hi all, so sorry that this is super late, I've been sick. Really, really sick and I'm only now starting to feel a little better 😓 super inspired though so I'm aiming to have more chapters up either tonight or super soon. Thank you for bearing with me ☕️ 🫖

When the car finally pulled up after what had felt like hours but had probably only been thirty odd minutes, Alex quickly got out, unbuckled Rosie's seat belt and hurriedly picked her up as she began to walk towards the large front door of Alex's families winter estate.

"Mm... A-Alex?" Rosie asked as she stirred a little and blinked blearily out at her surroundings.

"I-Is that a castle?" She asked softly.

"Rosie, oh thank god, are you feeling ok?" Alex asked back as Rosie nodded but as soon as she did she felt dizzy again so she found herself laying her head back on Alex's chest as she carried her into her home.

"Rosie?" Alex asked in concern as the girl blacked out again. Ok, now she was getting really worried.

Alex followed her mother to one of the many spare rooms in the building, however this one in particular she had made sure would be not too far from Alex's own, which Alex was extremely grateful for. As soon as Alex had entered the room and gently laid Rosie down on the bed within it, the doctor that her mother had called set to work conducting her checks as Alex paced back and forth while she waited for the verdict.

When the doctor called her over, Alex quickly obliged. They said that she was exhausted and sick with a bad case of the flu, that she would likely have a fever for a few days and that she would need to rest and be given a certain medication every four hours for the next few days until she is better.

He'd also said that if she presented with a fever higher than 39 degrees, they should call him immediately.

Alex thanked the doctor before he went on his way, leaving Alex to sit by Rosie's bed and watch over her in ever-present concern. How did she get this sick? Had she been out in the cold to long going to the homeless shelter or work? No matter what it was, Alex was determined to look after her until she became better and she would make absolutely sure that she had the best care possible while she recovered.

A couple of hours later, when Alex had fallen asleep in her chair, she jumped awake when Rosie stirred once again, this time tossing and turning in her sleep.

"M-Mother no I... I don't want you to go!" She cried out, causing Alex to frown as she quickly tried to shake her awake, but it was no use, she wouldn't wake up, so instead Alex slid into the bed herself and pulled Rosie into her as she gently rubbed her back and whispered sweet nothings until she calmed down and eventually Alex fell back asleep with Rosie sleeping peacefully in her arms.

When morning came, Rosie awoke with barely any recollection of the night before and Alex was nowhere in sight. Had she left her again? Although Rosie now understood why she had done so in the first place, she still felt a shiver of fear run up her spine when she couldn't see her in the room, but than she noticed something else. The room she was in was large, the bed was, oh my goodness, the softest she'd ever slept in and the curtains where thick and gold coloured with tassels on either side. The window had a seat beneath it, and even the door screamed fancy as it was lined with decorative gilding.

Rosie certainly wasn't in her dorm room anymore. But if that was the case, than where on earth was she?

She attempted to get out of her bed but as soon as she had she felt dizzy again as she found herself falling to her knees on the floor. Ok.... Maybe she'd managed to get a little sick.... Being out in the cold too long will do that to you.