Absensces

A/N goodness me, why must I always bring on the angst? All of your amazing votes have inspired me to finish this and don't worry, there is lots more fluff to come! Thank you so much, seriously thank you for all of your recent support, it has made my absolute year, so consider this an early Christmas present. 💕

That night everything had happened so suddenly that Rosie was left in complete astonishment. One moment, Alex had initiated the most magical, most passionate kiss that Rosie had ever had, and the next, utter chaos ensued when Alex was suddenly ripped out of Rosie's arms, Alex immediately reacting by throwing a punch that the burley man behind her had only just managed to dodge.

"Princess, your father wishes to see you and he won't take no for an answer." The man said as he got into a defensive stance.

Alex looked panicked at that as she chanced a quick glance at Rosie who was still leaning against the building wall, one hand on her heart, as she looked at the scene in dazed confusion.

That's when Alex turned back to the man and gave him a stern look.

"If my father wishes to see me, he should ask nicely." Alex insisted, but the man looked even sterner at her as he leaned in closer.

"Your father said that if you refuse to come, we should tell your new girlfriend that you've been lying to her. Now I don't want to do that Alex, but I will do as my king commands." Alex sighed at that. Even though she knew that the cat was probably already out of the bag, since the frustrating man had already called her princess, she still wanted to be the one to explain everything to Rosie. Maybe than, just maybe, she could find it in herself to forgive her. So chancing another quick glance back at the girl she had just kissed, she sighed.

"We must leave now." The man commanded, causing Alex to look back at him in a panic.

"Alright fine. I will do as my father requests." Alex said angrily as the man lead her towards the car. "But you must let me say goodbye." Alex commanded but the man simply shook his head as he held the door open for her. Alex chanced another quick glance back at Rosie as the girl looked at her in panicked concern. Was this really the right thing to do? She was surely going to have questions and might even feel abandoned like this, but if Alex let this random man she doesn't know tell her who she really is, she might hate her. Where-as if Alex could just explain it to her herself, explain her reasons for it all, than maybe she could still have a chance...

"Rosie, Roise I'm sorry. I'll explain everything soon, I promise!" Alex just managed to get out as she sat down on her seat, a sinking feeling hitting the pit of her stomach as the car door immediately slammed shut and locked beside her.

Alex had never been more livid with anyone in all her life. Her father certainly had a lot to answer for, but as the car pulled away from the curb, as she couldn't bring herself to look back at the girl that she now knew that she loved, Alex felt more than anger, she felt broken.

What on earth was she going to do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosie watched with wide, shocked eyes as the scene in front of her began to roll away with the car that carried her date within it.

Everything had happened all at once leaving Rosie not knowing exactly what to feel. She lowered herself to the curb side concrete as the evening became somehow colder than it had already been before.

What was that?

Rosie thought that she must have been in shock because she couldn't seam to piece together exactly what had happened in her mind. All she knew is that the person she had thought she was growing to love, was suddenly gone, and now Rosie didn't know if she was ever coming back.

Eventually, after waiting what must have been hours to see if the car would turn around and come back and Alex would get out and explain everything, Rosie began to walk home. It was almost automatic, her movements. Af of her body was moving out of necessity alone, all of it's own accord, doing what she had to do. She didn't feel any emotion, no sadness or joy, not even anger, she just felt.... Empty.

And that's how the night continued, she would lay awake wondering, not getting a single bit of sleep, wake up, and go to Alex's dorm room, knock three times and wait an hour outside of it before she had to head into class, than she'd go back, knock again, wait, and head into work.

It had been days at that point, and the more that time went on, the more empty she felt until she found herself walking late at night right back to the exact place that she had last seen Alex, in the hope that she might be there again. But she wasn't, and Rosie was beginning to think that she might never be.

Did she leave her because she didn't like her anymore? Is that why she didn't come back? Because she didn't want to see her tears when she told her that she was just playing around?

That's exactly how Rosie had been let down before, the last time someone had said that they wanted to stop dating her. She had led her to a quiet park in the early morning and had broken up with her, she had said that she was too cute and annoying for her and that she didn't want anyone to see her make a scene, and than, she'd just left. But right now, Rosie would have almost preferred that, than not knowing at all.

So Rosie waited, every night, she would go there and wait and wait and wait some more, rain or shine or even snow, she didn't care.

But when it had already been two weeks since she had last seen Alex, Rosie had hit her absolute breaking point. That night she'd still gone to look for her, but when it had snowed and she dropped the cupcakes she had made in the hopes of giving them to the one she'd thought she loved, she crumpled into a ball on the ground and accepted her fate. That no-one in their right mind would ever love Rosie because all she was, was annoying and pathetic and no one could ever love that.